Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, used to be seif10mes on the board, was unable to activate old account. Just wanted to put a feeler out if any of you had a need for a clean project vehicle.

the good
2000 troop ls
106k miles
new tires
new radiator
timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, brake pads and rotors replaced within past year
documented repairs

the bad
tranny on the way out - 2nd gear rough shifting
speed sensor issue - check engine light flashes when 4wd engaged
could use half axle replacement (cv boots cracked)
infamous oil burning

know this is a long shot but wanted to exhaust all avenues before taking to scrapper. Just inherited a babied vehicle so not needing to move immediately. I live in Joplin,Mo. Make me an offer if interested. Will take pics if anyone wants any.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will try to shoot some pics this evening. There is a little rust inside door latch areas - kind of hard to explain but will photograph. Only exterior rust is is a small crack near rear hatch/door hinge where an where person used brute force to try to shut tailgate instead of pulling lever lock and bent door corner/cracked paint.

·
Registered
10 Posts
seif10mes1 said:
Will try to shoot some pics this evening. There is a little rust inside door latch areas - kind of hard to explain but will photograph. Only exterior rust is is a small crack near rear hatch/door hinge where an where person used brute force to try to shut tailgate instead of pulling lever lock and bent door corner/cracked paint.
Thanks!, that sounds ok, I'm just worried about rust underneath.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Where is the vehicle at currently?
If jchaverri doesn't want it , I am extremely interested. This is exactly what I was looking for.
Check out the Post "New Isuzu coming soon ". I have recently reviewed about 20 troopers in my area but in extremely worse condition!
I can't see the pictures at work but would love to talk to you more about it.

Ryan

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah , I wasn't able to pick it up as much as I wanted to ( couldn't find a decent price to get that tranny overhauled and used wasn't much better ) I was researching other transmissions that could go in when someone local offered him a decent rate. Here is the exact message I received:

Hey Ryan,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to ya. I actually found a guy up here who gave me $900 for the vehicle. He wanted it as a daily driver commuting his wife to and from work. I told him that was NOT a great idea with the vehicle in its current shape. Took it for a quick ride around the block and tranny shifted fine - same on the highway. He said it was the cleanest vehicle they had looked out so they took a chance on it.

Wish you would have got it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts