Isuzu SUV Forum banner

2000 trooper bypass ac compressor

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  twilson 
#1 ·
My ac compressor is shot and i don't have the money to get it replaced. I looked up and found replacement serpentine belts online that are specified for use without ac. Would this belt work with my set up and allow me to bypass the compressor, or is the serpentine setup different for troopers that don't have ac?

The part number is gates - k060802
Sorry for the obvious question but I don't have a Lot of experience. I tried looking for other posts and only found rodeos and wasn't sure if it's the same.

#3 ·
I had to do the same thing... Funny, when I took my car to the shop to figure out where a noise was coming from they told me it was the a/c compressor and they would have to replace it because there is no way in heck that you can get around installing a belt without the a/c. They looked baffled when I asked them about a shorter belt...

Anyways, I have a 2000 Rodeo and I ran it for over a year with a belt that skipped the a/c.

#4 ·
Nathan08T said:
I had to do the same thing... Funny, when I took my car to the shop to figure out where a noise was coming from they told me it was the a/c compressor and they would have to replace it because there is no way in heck that you can get around installing a belt without the a/c. They looked baffled when I asked them about a shorter belt...

Anyways, I have a 2000 Rodeo and I ran it for over a year with a belt that skipped the a/c.
NOW THATS A GOOD ONE ,LIKE THEY NEVER SAW A VEH WITH NO AC, THE RODEOS ACTUALLY DID COME ON SOME MODELS WITH OUT AC , BUT THE TROOPERS FROM 98 ON ALL CAME WITH AC . BUT HE SAME BELT SHOULD FIT THE TROOPER SINCE THEY ARE THE SAME ON THE FRT END

#6 ·
Nathan08T said:

They looked baffled because they were expecting you not to question their "superior" knowledge. You were just supposed to shell out the cash!

#7 ·
Does any one have any ac compressors for a 2002 trooper that are for sale??

the ac compressor from a 98 trooper are different.

i imagine the 2000 - 02 will fit if you have the part or know were i could get one let me know.

#8 ·
CatFuzz said:
Nathan08T said:

They looked baffled because they were expecting you not to question their "superior" knowledge. You were just supposed to shell out the cash!
Yep! $600... Really? I could get a new one online for $400~ and install it myself in under 15 minutes. That quote was ONLY for parts/installation. No refrigerant being added or anything...

Oh, and then two days later I found this site........ =P

Also, @ guy wanting a/c compressor. I have a compressor from my 3.2 Rodeo. I replaced it thinking it was bad. Two things - 1) The compressor was making a strange noise, turns out it was just the (I believe this is the name for it) flywheel. 2) The expansion valve was the part needing to be replaced. So theres a good possibility that it still works.

I honestly don't know if it works and I really don't know if it will fit a trooper either. I know Isuzu used 3 different types of compressors, I believe...

#9 ·
so if im not misunderstanding the 00 rodeo belt no ac with fit a 00-02 trooper bypassing the ac.?

#11 ·
thank you for the clarification.

also did not forget about your part. thank you

#12 ·
i can confirm, because it worked :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.