Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I figured it's about time for y'all to see what my troop actually looks like...
Let's talk about it first...

3.5, 5 spd
Calmini intake
Used to have a cherry bomb muffler, but made the poor trooper sound like a cheap ricer! Had to have the whole exhaust from cat back replaced cuz it was old and i f-ed it up...so now it's quieter than stock! lol
20% tint, 8000k 55w HIDs, tinted tails and corners, blacked out front emblems
Scanner, CB on the way, Pioneer head unit
Haven't done too much besides cosmetic crap to it, but LOTS more coming!

Dice!

My custom drawer...used to be Dad's, I commandeered it mwahahaha

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Nice trooper.

Fireman? Thats cool :lol: ( pun intended)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HA you're hilarious! lol

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Looks good, nice color combo haha. I wish mine was 5spd.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Now I remember how mine looked stock! :D I love the color of our Troopers nice looking truck! Needs a light bar 8) haha

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!
I hate to disappoint you Hatfield and Trooperbeast00, but everything that's the light gray ("Mica" i believe) i.e. the bumpers, trim, and fenders, is getting Herculined once I get some time and funds...it may not be visible in the pics but the front bumper is scratched up (I got hit) and so is the back (I hit someone lol)
And not to disappoint you, but I don't like the color :)

PS Can anyone photoshop a pic of my troop with black lower trim? I want to preliminarily see what it looks like

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Keep me posted b/c I was interested in doing this at one point.. My flares and bumpers are not in the best of shape.. the paint actually is starting to come of in some spots so it needs some fixing

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Great looking Trooper you got there. Looks really nice with the tinted windows. The thought of a rear drawer for storage is always on my mind, at least you guys have some space under the rear seat, I got no where to put tow strap or anything.. yours looks great :wink:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I finally got new tires! I actually got them a month ago, but I just haven't had time to update...
It's a funny story, actually- I have never gotten a flat tire in my life, and then I got 2 in one week! So fun...
So anyway, I was actually quite happy that I got the flat cuz now I got the tires I always wanted!

So here they are, my new BF Goodrich A/T's!

They're 265/75-16, aka roughly 32's

Love them! And no rubbing!
Next on the list are OME lift springs and some wheel spacers

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And now I see how crappy my pictures are...sorry guys lol

·
Registered
645 Posts
i like the tires alot

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well thanks twilson! I appreciate it...

Also some new random things I've done recently...

Netbook Hood Automotive lighting Personal computer Automotive tire

Painted my tool drawer... Adds visibity and just looks friggin awesome!

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Vehicle Gas

Also added a cheap eBay 90 degree angle and heat shield to my intake...and it actually made a difference! I didn't think it would do that much but it really did!

Hood Motor vehicle Fluid Automotive tire Automotive fuel system

Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle

Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

She's so clean!

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
streetersam said:
PS Can anyone photoshop a pic of my troop with black lower trim? I want to preliminarily see what it looks like
I'll see what I can do. I'm not gonna promise it'll look good though!

·
Registered
645 Posts
RedStar said:
streetersam said:
I'll see what I can do. I'm not gonna promise it'll look good though!
Nice :)

I want to do that to mine.

BTW, were did you get that intake from? I put my stock one back on because the one i had kept falling off, i even tried rigging it up lol

·
Registered
433 Posts
The source photo was pretty pixelated when I pulled it into Photoshop so the quality isn't that great. There's also a good chance I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to photoshop. It's installed on my work computer, but I've never had any training and I've barely ever tried to use it. I really need to learn the basics. Anyway, here's a poor attempt at what it might look like bedlined.

I'm embarrassed to even show that. My photoshop skills are epicly bad.

·
Registered
645 Posts
for not knowing what ur doing, that looks dam good!!!

i give you props

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good ole iPhone camera, sorry for the pixelated-ness! But I appreciate your effort! Despite your lack of experience that really helps me get the idea of what it will look like. Looks BADASS!!! I appreciate it very much!

·
Registered
645 Posts
yeah i want mine done lol :) but that does look very good!! the curves by the wheel he did are like perfect.... its hard to trace that with a PC mouse...

·
Registered
433 Posts
streetersam said:
Good ole iPhone camera, sorry for the pixelated-ness! But I appreciate your effort! Despite your lack of experience that really helps me get the idea of what it will look like. Looks BADASS!!! I appreciate it very much!
Ha, thanks. You may wanna check again too, I uploaded the really pixelated version the first time and added an updated one at the exact same time you posted at 2:15. It's a little better. Tried to blur the trim on the flares so there wasn't such a dramatic difference in colors.

R242 has a really clean '01 Trooper he bedlined the trim on. That'll probably give you an even better idea of how good it could look. Hope you go for it. I think it'll look great.

And yeah, I know all about the crappy iPhone pix. I've still got the original 3G. Holding onto it until the 5 comes out, been waiting for a while....

1 - 20 of 121 Posts