Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Howdy Folks. Hey Troopy. It sounds to me like you are looking for a softer ride? If that is the case the best bang for your buck will be spent in the shock department. As a standard, I like Rancho shocks. I would also do some investigating into the general condition of the suspension system. Road stabilization generally comes from anti-sway bars. Make sure your sway bars are in good shape (not bent or cracked) and that they have good rubber on the ends (and good links). Beyond that, I would make sure your torsion bars haven't been overtightened. Also check control arm bushings and ball joints. If you have any grease fittings down there, it's a good idea to hit those too for good measure.

Air shocks probably wont give you better performance. I generally only install these on vehicles with heavy campers or people who do occasional hauling. I do recommend air bags over air shocks however, as air shocks can break the shock mounts on occasion. Still, I think your first thought is correct, try some new shocks.

-Kevin

· Registered
123 Posts
Howdy guys. Joel touched on something I forgot. Yes, your suspension could be too soft. Try this test. Park on a level surface. Take a tape measure and measure off a fixed point (on the frame) on each corner. Then give the vehicle a good bounce on each corner and take your measurements again. Also try lifting up on each corner and taking your measurements. If your vehicle doesn't return on the above tests you have something worn out. A good physical inspection of the shocks, like Joel suggested is also a great idea. Or just replace the shocks, afterall, the proof is in the pudding.

-Kevin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.