Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this weekend I was out on the trail with my 2000 Isuzu Rodeo and hit a rock pretty hard on the front skid plate and broke an engine mount. I have searched and searched but cannot find where they are located. Could someone give me some idea as to how many and where they are.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Why do you think you broke a motor mount?
Hitting the skid plate hard enough to push it up and back into the oil pan(which would be crushed) and then moving engine enuf to break a mount....don't sound possible, especially with the front diff in the way

You have two motor mounts they are on side of engine attatched to frame and engine one on each side

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but I hit a rock pretty hard under the front. Everything drives fine but I know its a broken motor mount because when I give it a decent amount if throttle the entire engine and transmission twist to the passenger side quite a bit. The reason I noticed it is because the driver side catalytic converter was being moved up and bouncing against the floorboard.

And @ Bansil: I believe it was just the overall shock that broke the mount.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
The easiest way to reach it is thru the drivers side front tire opening. Put the truck on jack stands, remove wheel and pull back the rubber curtain. There is your motor mount on the drivers side. Snaking that sucker out of there is going to be a challenge. Two bolts hold it to the frame, 4 bolts hold it to the engine. Actually, since it's broke, it may come out easy but the new one should be fun. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Guess you might want to pull the skid plate and look at what is out of place. I know my motor torques over when revved too. A hit like that makes you paranoid. It may be as simple as a bent cross over pipe or cross member. The reason I say this is because I bent my rear cross member (because I notched it with the dif drop and didn't reinforce it enough) at URE banging around on a rock ledge. My custom skid plate would rub my front drive shaft when the engine torqued under load. All it did was rub but you could hear it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I need the diminsions of a factory direct catalytic converter for a 1998 isuzu trooper. Mine broke and have to get new ones, but the price for factory ones is way to much so please help me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts