Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been happening for about the past 6 months ...

about 50% of the time on start up it will run for 1 sec, drop to zero RPM's and about 25% it will catch itself and then will jump back up to ~1000 rpm. The other 75% of the time it will just die. Then I turn the key again and it starts just fine.

The other 50% of the time it starts just fine.

I always turn the key to the on position ... wait 5-7 seconds (put on my seat belt) ... and then crank it over (to allow the fuel pump to run a little bit).

No codes..

Any guess? Cam position sensor going out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good call. I just took the fly by wire thing off the side of the throttle body and looked at it and thought ... boy this looks nothing like a IAC ... and then I remembered the fly by wire thing ... I bolted it back together and turn the key to make sure I had it all back together right and it fired right up like normal ...

I'll watch it a bit and then if it gets worse I'll take it in and have my shop swap it out ....
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top