Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been happening for about the past 6 months ...

about 50% of the time on start up it will run for 1 sec, drop to zero RPM's and about 25% it will catch itself and then will jump back up to ~1000 rpm. The other 75% of the time it will just die. Then I turn the key again and it starts just fine.

The other 50% of the time it starts just fine.

I always turn the key to the on position ... wait 5-7 seconds (put on my seat belt) ... and then crank it over (to allow the fuel pump to run a little bit).

No codes..

Any guess? Cam position sensor going out?

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
It's either fuel pump or the fpr going bad. Do a pressure test at the fuel rail shradder valve. It should go up to 40 psi and hold...

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
It's easy enough but yours is fly by wire like mine, so the butterfly does it all... Every great once in a while mine will start and die, Hasn't done it in a while. Try checking fuel pressure I guess...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good call. I just took the fly by wire thing off the side of the throttle body and looked at it and thought ... boy this looks nothing like a IAC ... and then I remembered the fly by wire thing ... I bolted it back together and turn the key to make sure I had it all back together right and it fired right up like normal ...

I'll watch it a bit and then if it gets worse I'll take it in and have my shop swap it out ....

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Cool !!! Does yours ever have a flat spot on take off ???
Mines a stick so the constant shifting probly makes it more pronounced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts