Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so a few wanted some pictures of my build. I was busy last night dropping the motor into the trooper, but here are a few pics of it before I did. I'll do a writeup of everything I did once it's running. Hopefully in a month or two.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
What a tease. That's it?? C'mon, man, give us more. That's a beauty of an engine!

yenkoz28 said:
Ok so a few wanted some pictures of my build. I was busy last night dropping the motor into the trooper, but here are a few pics of it before I did. I'll do a writeup of everything I did once it's running. Hopefully in a month or two.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Did you have to modify the dipstick?

What's the plug in the back of the exhaust manifold for? EGR tube?

yenkoz28 said:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah the plug in the back of the exhaust manifold is where the egr tube would go to the intake, it's a 22mm X 1.5 plug. I just used an oil drain pan plug you can get them from NAPA. The dipstick didn't need to be modified at all. So far the only thing I really had to cut on was the drivers side motor mount to clear the turbo drain to the oil pan. And that was fairly minimal.

Here is a close up of the oil drain line and you can see the black coolant line going from the block to the turbo.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Now that right there is some talented engine building! I'd love to see a write up and the final product in your Troop!

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Holy crap dude.

You did a build I've been thinking about for almost two years now, and you made it look good!

Spectacular! This pretty much the Holy Grail of the 2.6.

I, and I'm sure many others, would love every word & picture you're willing to share on this whole process.

Lookin' good!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Once I get my megasquirt wired in and running in a month or so I'll post a starter file. That way anyone wanting to complete this project will just have to plug in the megasquirt and download my file and do some minor tweaking for their application. That should take care of the most intimidating part of this swap for most people. I'll also list the details on what I did on my build. I'm not sure if the owner of this site would be willing to host the file for download, but if someone knows who I need to ask let me know and I'll shoot them an email.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I rebuild the motor .010 over on the bores and a polished crank along with a balance job, with total seal gapless rings. The head is a new AMC, with a 3 tech camshaft ground for a turbo application, and crane cam valve springs(slightly stiffer than stock).

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
:D :D :D wow man that is one super clean looking set up 8) recon

·
Registered
546 Posts
You know, i was going to ask about the IHI, but then i looked again and saw that adapter plate. NVM

I see a garrett stamping on there. What turbo did you go with? T3 60 Trim?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
WOW! And holy crap! That is a work of art, cannot wait to the total package.

1 - 20 of 246 Posts