Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cracked a head and it dumped antifreeze in the block. needs to be honed, had 125+ psi in all cylinders and was IDLING when the coolant dumped. it was running in the driveway when it went. got a new Jasper motor going in but the original block and crank available. had great oil pressure before and after the coolant. no knocking, bearings good but a good starter block to rebuild. pickup in Northern NJ. no timing covers or pulleys, bare exterior block, rods, pistons, crank and oil pickup. no pan, no water pump, no oil pump. selling at scrap cost 25.00. going to get scrapped in 2 weeks.
thanks
Ron

NO SHIPPING. if you need pistons, bearing caps or the crank, THOSE i will ship at cost (Materials, box, padding,i use expandable foam for the crank shipping), plus my time @ 20/hr.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok. its still a good block, just rather not see it go for scrap.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh i obviously have a lift to get it in whatever you need. unloading, hahhahahaaha well.....thats up to you :)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Ok, sounds good. Only $25 huh? I'll definitely take it now that I think about it. You going to be around this coming Monday?

lowzone said:
oh i obviously have a lift to get it in whatever you need. unloading, hahhahahaaha well.....thats up to you :)
You can just ride back with me and help me get it out. ;)

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
electricpuppyboy said:
Ron,

If you don't get any other bites, I'll take it.
Dude !!

I read the OP and immediately thought about you.

If you hadn't posted a response, I would have PM'd you about this. :D

Now you can rebuild it and have it ready, while you are still driving the one you have.

I'm kinda looking for a 2.6 short block for the same reason. (Or even a whole engine, if the head is good or rebuildable.)

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ill inlcude the head for 15.00 more :) its worth the aluminum alone plus valves, rockers and such....heads CRACKED somewhere....pressurized the coolant system and the block SHOULD be boiled/cleaned. its grimy!!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Selador said:
Now you can rebuild it and have it ready, while you are still driving the one you have.
Exactly!

Sure Ron, I'll take the head too. Head bolts included? :)

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
If you buy a complete "Clearwater Head" like I did you'll need a core to send back.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
squatch said:
If you buy a complete "Clearwater Head" like I did you'll need a core to send back.
well look EVERYONE is happy :)

i should have bolts, i used 2 to attach the chain to pull the motor out...just have to find the other 8.....if not i know i have some in the parts bins ....used but...

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
lowzone said:
squatch said:
well look EVERYONE is happy :)

i should have bolts, i used 2 to attach the chain to pull the motor out...just have to find the other 8.....if not i know i have some in the parts bins ....used but...
Great! I only need 3 I think. I'll PM you. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Selador said:
I'm kinda looking for a 2.6 short block for the same reason. (Or even a whole engine, if the head is good or rebuildable.)
i have a 93 long block that's running (all 4 @ about 135 psi) if you want to take a ride to NJ. maybe tow me out a truck or something and the motor is YOURS!!! 93 motor....better pistons, better head....

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
lowzone said:
Selador said:
i have a 93 long block that's running (all 4 @ about 135 psi) if you want to take a ride to NJ. maybe tow me out a truck or something and the motor is YOURS!!! 93 motor....better pistons, better head....
Nice offer. Thank you. :D

But not an offer I am going to be able to take you up on.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Ron, That vacuum valve I bought from you yesterday arrived in fine shape today. Great packing and unbelievable fast service. :mrgreen:

Tank you berry much!

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MarkB.NV said:
Ron,

That stupid vacuum valve I bought from you yesterday arrived in fine shape today. Great packing and unbelievable fast service. :mrgreen:

Tank you berry much!
i try, and thank you!!!

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
block and head are sold.
thanks again PlanetIsuzoo!!!
Ron

1 - 16 of 16 Posts