Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Jerry, if you've got the header (or know where I can get one), I've got the truck and engine, and single barrel throttle body intake.

BTW, do you know if the later style injectors are usable with the earlier ECM by eliminating the inline resistor? Don't the later injectors have a higher impedance value? Guess I could just measure the ones I have here and rewire them to batch fire. Do they flow as much? The nozzle is quite a bit different, so I was wondering if they are more efficient or have better performance?

I'm thinking of building a 2.6L with your cam, later head with small chambers, single barrel throttle body, and headers and install it in a pickup. Would be nice if I could locate a 4WD pickup with the 4ZE1 in it already, but I've got all the wiring harness stuff here, if not. With the exception of the header, that's what I'm currently running in my daily driver, and having a lot of fun with it.

/tim

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
kg4miq said:
Jerry, if you've got the header (or know where I can get one), I've got the truck and engine, and single barrel throttle body intake.

BTW, do you know if the later style injectors are usable with the earlier ECM by eliminating the inline resistor? Don't the later injectors have a higher impedance value? Guess I could just measure the ones I have here and rewire them to batch fire. Do they flow as much? The nozzle is quite a bit different, so I was wondering if they are more efficient or have better performance?

I'm thinking of building a 2.6L with your cam, later head with small chambers, single barrel throttle body, and headers and install it in a pickup. Would be nice if I could locate a 4WD pickup with the 4ZE1 in it already, but I've got all the wiring harness stuff here, if not. With the exception of the header, that's what I'm currently running in my daily driver, and having a lot of fun with it.

/tim
HEY TIM ,YES I DO HAVE A HEADER FROM PACE SETTER AND IT DOES HAVE THE CORRECT STYLE P[ORTS, AND IT IS A HEAVY SUCKER AND IS CERAMIC COATED , IT IS GOING ON THE 2.3 ENG THAT CAME FROM TX, AND IT COMES WITH THE LOWER CONNECTOR PIPE , SUMMIT AUTO PARTS HAS THEM IN STOCK PT NO PSM 72 C1125 A LITTLE PRICEY BUT THEY ARE NOT THE 18 GAUGE CRAP YOU NORMALLY GET THAT WILL BURN OUT IN A YEAR OR TWO.

I BELIEVE THE LATER INJ ARE THE HIGHER IMPEDENCE STYLE, SO IF YOU JUST BYPASSED THE DROPPING RESISTOR THEY SHOULD FIRE OK IN A BATCH FIRE SETUP. SINCE THEY ARE ALL FOUR FIRED AT THE SAME TIME IN THE OLDER ONES ANYWAY. AND THEY ARE THE MULTEC TYPE NOT THE REAL MULTEC INJ BUT THE SAME DESIGN, I WOULD THINK YOU COULD USE THE LATER PENCILL STYLE INJ IN THE 2.6 I AM ALL MOST POSITIVE THEY WILL FIT IN THE MANIFOLD AND ARE THE 6 HOLE DISCHARGE MULTEC STYLE , AND ARE ABOTU 22 LB,S PER HOUR FUEL FLOW .SO THEY SHOULD WORK OK, JUST THE CONNECTORS ARE DIFF , BUT ARE AVAIL ABEL ON EBAY AS A PLUG AND PLY ADAPTER . OR I HAVE THE NAME OF A PLACE IN CUMMING GA THAT MAKES THEM, AS A SET .

·
Registered
48 Posts
HERE is the correct plenum and throttle body for this conversion, and no, I didn't have to splice the newer style throttle position sensor into the circuit. It would have been a different design - rather than a simple three-position switch type, the one in the previous photo is a typical GM-style, variable resistor TPS.

This one is the older style Isuzu three-position switch TPS (idle, off-idle, WOT).

View attachment 44602
Hello, i seem to have a similar set up on my 88 that i just bought. Although i have the hose from the IAC that is plugged with a bolt.

Can you tell me where the hose from the IAC connected to?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just reading through this post and had a question. I see a round connector coming out from the TPS on the pic of the intake pictured on top of the pic below. .. What does that connect to?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design

21 - 24 of 24 Posts