Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 18 years, the starter in my Trooper just went out. I can't complain......but

How in the #$&@ do you get the top nut off the starter??? With the EGR tube in the way, I can't get enough leverage. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Fabfour57 said:
After 18 years, the starter in my Trooper just went out. I can't complain......but

How in the #$&@ do you get the top nut off the starter??? With the EGR tube in the way, I can't get enough leverage. Any help would be appreciated.
REMOVE THE CHARCOAL CANNISTER , AND BEND THE BRACKET OVER OUT OF THE WAY AND THEN TAKE A 14 MM SWIVEL SOCKE ON A RATCHET AND REACH RIGHT OVER THE TOP PLENTY OF ROMM YOU CAN EVEN TAKE THE BOTTOM BOLT OFF FROM THE TOP JUST BY LEANING OVER THE FENDER AND THEN PULL THE STARTER UP ENOUGH TO GET THE CABLES OFF AND THEN LIFT IT OUT BE SURE YOU DISCONNECT THE BATT FIRST. , THE ABSOLUTE QUICKEST WAY TO GET THE TOP NUT IS TO USE A GOOD AIR RATCHET AND THE 14 MM WOBBLE SOCKE ,NOT A DEEP WELL PUT THE SOCKET ON THE NUT AND HIT THE TRIGGER AND IT WILL COME RIGHT OFF . JERRY

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.