Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have an 85 trooper 2 it is all stock it has the g 200 w a/c and the 4 spd manual the piston rings are shot in the g 200 so i now have the 2.6 out of a 90 4 dr trooper and i want to put it in my trooper i've read some things here and there but i now need hard facts as to what i have in front of me (1. clutch size (2.fire wall (3. oil pan the 2.6 is a two piece deep sump pan (4.motor mounts (5. fuel pump, i have the pump from the tank and i need to wire it or something else and the relays for the pump and anything else i am missing i have all of the engine ecu wiring i don't want this project to stall out and not be completed so i am in need of help all and any i can get would so help full and if any one wants to help wrench to thats would be awsome to thank you steven

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
4,231 Posts
bowtieblue said:
ok so i have an 85 trooper 2 it is all stock it has the g 200 w a/c and the 4 spd manual the piston rings are shot in the g 200 so i now have the 2.6 out of a 90 4 dr trooper and i want to put it in my trooper i've read some things here and there but i now need hard facts as to what i have in front of me (1. clutch size (2.fire wall (3. oil pan the 2.6 is a two piece deep sump pan (4.motor mounts (5. fuel pump, i have the pump from the tank and i need to wire it or something else and the relays for the pump and anything else i am missing i have all of the engine ecu wiring i don't want this project to stall out and not be completed so i am in need of help all and any i can get would so help full and if any one wants to help wrench to thats would be awsome to thank you steven[/quote

Shoot Jlemond an e-mail. I have an 85 with the 1.9 that I recently restored. I was going to do what your thinking about doing. I e-mailed Jlemond and he guided me through the complete installation procedure. I didn't do it as I left the 1.9 in. Probably a bad decision. As I remember you will need several of the 2.3 components, pan,intake, exhaust and some clutch and flywheel components, but get in touch with Jerry. He can set you on the right course....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts