Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed OME 913's springs in the rear of my 2000 Amigo and got 2.5" of lift so I lifted the the front t bars 2.5" also but to my surprise it didn't seem to give me any more clearance between the tire and mud flap and I think it might be slightly less because of the relation of the center of the tire is now lined up with the most forward part of the wheel well. How many inches up front does it take to not rub on a tire only 5% bigger then stock? I hate to go much higher for the sake of component wear and a rougher ride.

funny thing is even stock 245/70's rubbed when I turned with no lift.
oh yeah I'm running stock wheels.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
to add to my question, what is census on how how high you can crank or torsion bars before you run into wear problems?

·
Registered
199 Posts
immediately you will get more wear and tear but it seems that around 3 inches is the max that most people go without major modifications like changing a-arms

·
Registered
199 Posts
also i dont think you should be rubbing, you might want to inspect some of your suspension components for wear...

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
you raise to prevent top end rub and more flex. The front and rear of the tire rub requires cutting the fender. If your front doesnt rub but the back rubs against the mud flap, take the mud flap off, it might just give u enough clearance to prevent rubbing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts