Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, pulled O2 sensor on my 95 P'up(2.3, 2wd, EFI, manual). Even though I made sure all was hot, used PB Blaster, etc, still managed to screw up the threads on manifold completely.

Being the ******* I am, got new sensor loosely in there and then slathered on some JB weld to at least get me running again temporarily. But since JB weld is only rated to 500F, obivously this is a tmeoprary fix(and man does that JB weld smell bad when it burns).

So looking for a new manifold. My normal local parts yard doesn't have one(still going to call the other import yard and have parts request in to site mentioned here that specializes in Isuzu and Hyundai parts). Thinking though that I might just buy a new manifold. The problem is, the only one I've really found that's reasonably priced is this one from 1A Auto, which is for an 88-92 2.6, and they specifically say won't work on 2.3. Other threds here seem to indiicate the part should be interechangable, so my guess is their 2.3 comment refers to fact that manifold has bung for an O2 sensor, which of course normal 2.3s(as 95 was only year of EFI to my understanding) don't need.

So looking for input here on what I should get. Exhuast is stock with exception of test pipe in place of cat. Intake has K&N, and the first 2 ft or so of ducting removed, but injectors and all else are stock.

Calmini has headers for $200, but have read not so stellar reviews of their customer service here, and since I face same issue of uncertainty as to whether a part will fit mine( rarely anyone lists parts for this engine), don't want to spend $200 with a company with bad service on a part I'm not sure will fit. Actually, don't really want to put $200 into this anyway, as will half to add another 70 for an O2 sensor.

Anyway, to sum things up again, looking for inexpensive replacement for my manifold. Prefer the part to be a bolt on(so i don't have to go to muffller shop, lik ethe guy, but would rather do the work myself, I'm poor. :) ), and need to be sure it'll work with the 2.3 EFI.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Until you get that new manifold, Thermosteel (@Autozone) is rated at 2400F. That will act as a better bandaid. Indy4x has some headers. I bought my pacesetter from there. http://www.independent4x.com/category.h ... Ds=1135358 . What city are you in? I could snag you a list of local salvage yards.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oklahoma City. Only two good import yards here, and one I've dealt with in past(called them first, extremely helpful when I needed height control arm for torsion bar, don't ask how I managed to break that ;) ), didn't have the part. Going to call the other yard today.

THanks for the tip on the headers, may get those if no one has the manifold. I take it then that the 2.6 exhuast(whether manifold or headers) will fit on my 2.3? that's my main concern, as being a one year engine, somewhat hard to find parts specifically for this engine at times, but the 2.6 EFI was run for years.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like the thermosteel did the trick. did third coat last night, will toast it with torch and then start driving truck again(sure it'll start raining here soon, which will relegate bike to the driveway). Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts