Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello yet again. :)

It runs! Finally, im ironing out the details. I'm replacing the rotted out vacuum lines and a couple got away from me.

First one, on the fuel pump there is a hose other then the thick input/output hoses that when the engines runs fuel comes out of....Where does this go?

And, the nipple next to the PCV hose at the carb base....Where does this go?

Thanks again in advance.:) You guys are the best.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
The third fitting on the pump is the fuel return line. The fitting on the carb should have a line going to the thermo sensor. The thermo sensor will have two fittings with the second fitting having a line coming from the vacuum motor on the air cleaner.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shooter said:
The third fitting on the pump is the fuel return line. The fitting on the carb should have a line going to the thermo sensor. The thermo sensor will have two fittings with the second fitting having a line coming from the vacuum motor on the air cleaner.
Sweet! Could I trouble you for a pic? Im a little confused.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
No pic. What's the confusion?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
shooter said:
No pic. What's the confusion?
The return line.....WHere is it, I cant see where it connects.

And, there is a bunch of doube nippleed vacuum things...I wanna be sure im on the right one.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
1. There are 3 lines from the tank:
a. Fuel supply line
b. Vent line which goes to the evaporative canister (charcoal)
c. Fuel return line.*
* you should observe either a rubber or hard line coming up near the passenger side floor board. If you don't see that, crawl beneath and you'll easily see it. There should be sections of hard lines with attaching rubber lines on all 3 lines. If you know the supply line and see a line going to the canister, it will be the other line.

The fitting at the carb is connected to the thermo sensor. The thermo sensor will also have a line connected to it from the vacuum motor. The thermo sensor might have a single line attached to it with a T-fitting to which the carb line and vacuum motor line attach. If still confused, submit a couple of pics and we'll go from there. If the vacuum motor is no longer functioning, just install a cap on the vacuum fitting on the carb.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shooter said:
1. There are 3 lines from the tank:
a. Fuel supply line
b. Vent line which goes to the evaporative canister (charcoal)
c. Fuel return line.*
* you should observe either a rubber or hard line coming up near the passenger side floor board. If you don't see that, crawl beneath and you'll easily see it. There should be sections of hard lines with attaching rubber lines on all 3 lines. If you know the supply line and see a line going to the canister, it will be the other line.

The fitting at the carb is connected to the thermo sensor. The thermo sensor will also have a line connected to it from the vacuum motor. The thermo sensor might have a single line attached to it with a T-fitting to which the carb line and vacuum motor line attach. If still confused, submit a couple of pics and we'll go from there. If the vacuum motor is no longer functioning, just install a cap on the vacuum fitting on the carb.
Ok...We are talking the same thing...

The fuel line is at the top of the pump pointing downwards. The other 3 lines are attached. The top on pointing down has fuel falling out of it when its running.

Is my pump junk I wonder?

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
So you're saying you have only gas escaping from the vent hose; no oil? Normally, as the pump goes belly up, oil will escape. Make sure to check your oil for gas contamination. Should be able to smell it on the dipstick and/or see an increased level on the dipstick..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts