Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick note to say.... we made it. We flat towed our 92 Rodeo 4x4 (5spd) behind our rv to Colorado in the attempt to try it up the mountain passes.

This was not an easy task. This Rodeo is my 400.00 Oklahoma cow checker. We live in far SE OKLAHOMA in the mountains and stumbled upon it for sale.

260k all, original and neglected. It runs ok up to 40 mph so we left it at that.

I put 4 31 inch MTs and away we went.

We did six 12k ft extreme mountain passes.. hit 5 high altitude lakes and busted about a million boulders on the undercarriage.

No major problems just slow going over big rocks.

I tried to drive it to our feed store a few months ago and at 55mph i though it was maxed out.

No power, crazy noise from the front end.. decided its not road worthy and just a 4wd low.. play toy.

After 4 fuel fill ups, running 91 octane and running it around on errands... it coughed.. sputtered..and took off like it was on nitrous oxide.

Im guessing the converter was plugged up severely... it cleared up and now runs AWESOME

Attachments

·
Registered
Bone stock 1989 Trooper S 2.8.
70 Posts
Almost sounds like plugged injectors. Throw some injector cleaner in the tank. Can't hurt, right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts