Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I m new to the board and new to troopers. I recently picked up an 88 trooper and noticed that my windshield wiper switch is a pull knob on the ash board but the steering column also has a windshield wiper switch. Anyone know why there is the second switch and how to go about getting it back to where it should be? maybe just swapping it for a switch with intermittent wipers not just the single speed this switch is giving me? While I am here what is spec for alignment on the my troop? Thank you

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
so do both the switches work or only one switch work? if your trooper came with a rear window wiper, that control should be a toggle switch. you'll get more answers from us if you give us a few more details.

cheers and welcome; john

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the switch on the stalk does not work. it seems it was replaced by a switch that operates similarly to the light switch. just pull it out and the wipers move. You can pull it halfway and all the way out just like the lights switch. The rear wiper is still in a toggle switch. this is for the front wipers. I'm not sure what other details i can gve...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
so would it be possible for you to go to the local Pick-Your-Part and pull one off of another trooper? i can't see it costing that much. the toughest part is getting the steering wheel off. and, you might get lucky and find one with the intermittent speed option. those are usually found on LS models, and they just plug right in.

cheers, john

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I tried a junkyard switch but it only lasted a couple years. I just bought one from Jerry and it is so much nicer having a fresh one! Feels like a new car.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Private Message JLEMOND and ask about a new switch. I paid just over a hundred bucks for mine. I think he usually has stock on them. Installs in about 15 mins. You will need a steering wheel puller to get the wheel off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for that much I'll stay with this one lol. I will keep him in mind for future parts though thanks.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
If you can't find a used one, check the included link. It lists parts from zillions of salvage yards. It's where I got my intermittent switch for my 89 trooper. Can be pricey at times for the more difficult to find items though not always. The site can be a tad difficult to search for particular items. As`previously mentioned, the intermittent switch plugs directly into your old harness if you still have the old connector attached. http://www.car-part.com/

You can sometimes free the steering wheel with a smart smack or two with a mallet on the large hold down nut.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
marshall
aren't there any Pick-our-Part yards in your area of Penn.? even if you aren't lucky enough to find an intermittent switch, a normal stock switch is still better. $20.00 tops

cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts