Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some pics of when the wife and I went to Port Angeles, Washington to camp. I was driving on the highway when I saw this out the corner of my eye, I had to go turn around because I couldn't slow down fast enough to stop. I scared the **** outta my wife cause she was resting in the passenger seat and when I saw it I yelled "holy ****"! She thought we were gonna be in some accident or something, she was white. lol Only a couple of pics but I bet it was a nice truck before it rolled, nice tires anyway.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Wow. Hope that driver and passengers were OK. The collapsed roof looks like it left enough room in those positions, assuming they were belted.

Another mysterious question: how do you find a sunny day in PA? Of course, the locals there and in Sequim will tell you that they get more sunny days than Seattle. Who knows?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Interesting damage, almost as if something fell on it as I don't see damage to the rear portion of the roof. Of course I've not yet rolled one, maybe that's the way they land on their roof!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
it dose look like it would pop right out... get a highlift in here and bend it out. No problem

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Cronk said:
Your wife looks thrilled. :lol: :lol: :lol:
i was thinking the same thing...but when i stop to take isuzu pix my wife has the same look on her face. :roll:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
I think it's a testament to how well these trucks were built. Belted in and no air bags that's a very survivable flip. I personally know 2 people who rolled these back in the day. Neither was hurt. 1st was the wife of a co-worker. She fell asleep at the wheel of his '86 2 dr LWB on the interstate. She ran off into the median and flipped it. Insurance put a new roof on it and they drove it for several more years and sold it to the daughter of another co-worker. 2nd was a friend from the bike shop i worked at. He got sideways on ice and hit dry pavement. He flipped his parents '87 4 door. You can flip a Ferrari like that. Almost happened to me back then as well. Spun out on a bridge in an ice storm and hit dry pavement. It lifted 2 wheels but sat back down. Had to check my britches after that one! :shock:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jeremy_worden said:
Cronk said:
Your wife looks thrilled. :lol: :lol: :lol:
i was thinking the same thing...but when i stop to take isuzu pix my wife has the same look on her face. :roll:
Women just don't feel the Isuzu love like we do, and I can't blame them. She was very tired from our drive, most times she at least has her eyes open.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
I don't know if that was a rollover, or more of a 'run into ditch, flip sideways, and slide until you hit a telephone pole or something similar'...

Looking again at the pictures..

There isn't one single impact point. It looks more like two impact points, that are spaced about right for the type of guardrail that has two metal rails on wooden posts.

So I am thinking the trooper went into the ditch on the right side of the road.

Up the other side of the ditch, some.

Flipped sideways from there, back toward the road.

And slid a bit, until it hit the beginning of the guardrail.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Selador said:
I don't know if that was a rollover, or more of a 'run into ditch, flip sideways, and slide until you hit a telephone pole or something similar'...

Looking again at the pictures..

There isn't one single impact point. It looks more like two impact points, that are spaced about right for the type of guardrail that has two metal rails on wooden posts.

So I am thinking the trooper went into the ditch on the right side of the road.

Up the other side of the ditch, some.

Flipped sideways from there, back toward the road.

And slid a bit, until it hit the beginning of the guardrail.
When I flipped my trooper there was no impact damage.straight to the roof. Barrel rolled that sum a bitch.
Like I said...they do tricks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts