Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where i could get a first gen trooper brush guard, and i would love to have some good ideas for my 1988 trooper ses its a four cylinder with a 5speed manual isuzu auot locking hubs. pretty much all stock.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Probably just gonna have to get creative on that. Not much out there in terms of factory or aftermarket options. In fact every one I've ever seen has been originally intended for another vehicle and then made to fit. Thick of other smallish, narrow types of trucks and try finding something like that. Think rangers, explorers, 4 runners etc.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks stusvsend. I think me and my friend might just fab a custom one. And thanks barnee and Yeahh 700 is exspensive. I got my trooper for free because someone didn't want it in there driveway. I habea lot of work to do on it. If I get some money ill post pictures of the project I might Do this summer.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
This is what I built for mine. If you want more details of it PM me with an E-Mail I have the details in our comp. some where

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
My 1990 Trooper came with the dealer installed brush guard bumper add-on.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice custom bumpers. I have some good ideas after seeing the designs. Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
MarkB.NV said:
My 1990 Trooper came with the dealer installed brush guard bumper add-on. Here's some pics for reference and ideas.

The original was fine for forest roads and mall crawling, but hung down too low for off road use, and didn't provide enough beefy protection. So I scrounged a few pieces of round pipe from the j-yard (4.5" dia and 1/4" wall). I took the original bumper brackets and cut out crescent notches to accept the round pipe. Then ground the two brackets to be identical in dimensions. Welded the pipe to the bumper brackets with the old craftsman stick welder. I added an over-ride bar to mount some lights and let the Trooper ride over the worst of obstacles.

More pics located here ... http://tinyurl.com/3phsj5l
wow from the dealers nice! 8)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I bought this one from Jc Whitney. Its for a 90 to 92 ford explorer/ ranger.
It does need a little fab work to make the lower legs fit snug but everything else is a perfect fit.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice ill have to look into brushgaurds for like size vehicles. And rollintroopers one question. What's up the mercedes emblem?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Really like that jc whiteney guard. Might pick one up in the near future! Its $139 and comes in powdercoated black or chrome.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dryvr12. I like your trooper. Same year as mine. But mines a grayish color. And rollintroopers I've seen a couple with benz emblems. I might go Indian style and put ferrari emblems on mine.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol. I'm definitely going to do it. Should I paint it black too? Or leave it gray?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.