Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm broke down and need help. Here's my question, my Trooper stalled out while I was driving down the road yesterday. I had it towed to my house and hooked up the scanner, it read the error code p0122 (Throttle Position Sensor/Switch A). I replaced the sensor on the throttle body but not the pedal. The one on the pedal is $266 vs the $23 I paid for the other one. The motor turns over but it won't start, before or after I replaced the sensor. I haven't found any information on the web that stated this was a symptom of the sensor going bad so that leads me to think it may be something else. This is the only error code that I'm getting though. Any ideas? Any help would be extrememly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,917 Posts
The sensor attached to the accelerator pedal is the Accelerator Position Sensor (APS), it is used on engines with Electronic Throttle Control (ETC). Only 2000-2002 Troopers have ETC.

A defective TPS on a non ETC engine would not prevent the engine from starting, you have a different problem.
Make sure you have fuel pressure, by attaching a fuel pressure gauge to the test port.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Buster. Checking the fuel pump led us to the timing belt since the pump was good. Now, I just need to get it fixed :(

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Are you stating the problem is the timing belt? Nevertheless, it'll be much easier to help you in the future if you'll enter the make, model, year, engine, and tranny to your sig block. BTW, welcome to the forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts