Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The blower motor in our '99 Trooper quit working a couple weeks ago. I found a blown fuse, replaced it and the motor once again worked. Fast Forward a week or 2 and it quit again. Searching seems to indicate most likely a bad resistor or a bad ground (if the newer trucks use the same grounding by oil sender?). I'm guessing the resistor is behind the glove box? How do you get to it?

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
If you can get to the fan plug easily unplug it then see if the fuse still blows. That will isolate the motor being bad versus the speed control resister. If you have the isuzu engine the wiring is different then the chevy powered ones. Probly won't have ground going through the oil sender.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Start with the power lead going to the fan then. If it was shorting out and now just dead you should be able to tell. The speed control block is usually mounted in the vesenity of the blower motor so check that as well.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Are there screws under the hinge. I'm not sure on your trooper. If you look up underneath maybe with the glove box open you will have a bit more room to see everything. I haven't worked on that new of a trooper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts