Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the OEM or a replacement for the driving/fog lights that go in the front bumper of the Rodeo. The only Isuzu dealer in Portland, OR wants $140 each for the lights.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does the 99 Rodeo have the rectangle fog lights or the more oval/round style in that bumper slot?

If its the round style you can get a kit at the dealer. The kit includes two 55 WATT projection fog lights, mounting brackets, solonoid and a dash switch. Everything was plug and play on my 01 Rodeo. The only problem I ran in to was the dash switch. Isuzu had to special order one for me since they changed plugs in 02 or 02.

My plug had five pins across [.....] the switch in the kit looked like this [...:] I'm rambling :p

Fog light kit Part# 2908120200

Good luck .

·
Registered
160 Posts
For a 1998 Rectangular looking Fog lights, It will be $309.98 it comes with, Relay, Switch, Brakets and fog lights. A bit too expensive, for that much I would rather buy an aftermarket unit.

Any ideas where I could get this kit for less?

I've been looking at ebay for months with no success but I found this web site that sales OEM Parts:
http://www.autopartsdeal.com/apd/index. ... 998&cat=10

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hornet: Which dealer did you contact? I've got a friend at the dealer in Beaverton, and he works in parts. Let me know if you want his contact info...

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm trying to contact him to see if it's ok for me to give the number to a couple people. Bear with me, and I'll see what I can do...

Later...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Why not just find some fogs and the local autop parts store that have the same dimension as the factory fogs and then just splice into the factory wiring at the mounts? Seems like it would be pretty easy. Then you could just buy the switch and the relay from the dealer. There is also some wiring FAQ's on the net regarding changing the ground so you can run the fogs through the factory switch with high beams on. I did mine, and I think it was the yellow wire going to the switch that I had to ground, but mine's a 2000 and don't know if they changed wire colors from 1999. There is also a FAQ out there somwhere that allows you to bypass the headlights and run them with only the parking lights on.

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts