Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start with what was recently done. The car was running well but the torque converter seal was leaking. I washed down the engine and tranny with engine degreaser. I pulled the tranny and replaced the seal for the torque converter and also put a new main seal in. I replaced the tranny filter and refilled. I alo changed the transfer case oil.
I started up the car and took it around the block and the chek engine light came on. I then had no acceleration until you get about 60% pedal travel. Now here is the interesting part. The car will all of a sudden take off and when this happens the CEL will start blinking. It then stops blinking and stays on and then no power again. I pulled the wires of the coil packs one at a time and found the drivers side makes a big change when disconnected. I unplugged the passenger side and no big change. Swapped coils and same result. I then pulled all 3 wires off of the coils on the passenger side and still no real big change in rpm. So I am leaning to a fuel issue. I need help!

·
Registered
11,778 Posts
I recommend you run a compression test on the RH bank. If compression is low on all three cylinders, the camshaft timing may be incorrect due to a sheared camshaft drive gear pin.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plenty of power when you put it to the floor. Pretty sure not a timing or compression issue as this comes and goes. If it was a constant issue I would agree. I believe there may be a couple of issues here not just one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, thought I would give an update. Have been traveling so I have not had a lot of time to work on this problem. I installed a new fuel filter, pulled the fuel rail and it was spotless. Cleaned fuel injectors and have a question. When actuated I get fuel out of two of the four holes. Is this normal? It was like that on all six injectors. I then pulled the upper and lower intakes. They are dirtier than anything I have ever seen. I will be cleaning and reinstalling this weekend. Most of the vacuum lines are shot so I am replacing all of them as well.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
did you pull the codes? if you did post them so we can try to help you further

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes only code I get is 0300 Random misfire.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Reset your ECM by disconnecting the battery, and see if the code comes back. Let us know what you find.

-Robert

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have done that several times. When car is cold it runs good for a block or so. Then no power. Keep stepping on the gas until transmission shifts down and car takes off. CEL light comes on and flahes when you accelerate hard. Code 0300.

·
Registered
676 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did that too. I tried most of the easy stuff. Now into the more complicated. Hopefully I can do the intake tomorrow night.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
When you took out the tranny, you likely used a bunch of extensions and wobbly's to reach the two upper bolts, right? Maybe you smacked your temp sensor or a vaccuum line back there. Try not to overthink it, just run through what all you touched during the trans job, gotta be something simple.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, after pulling my hair out and checking everything under the sun. I walked down to my neighbors who has his own garage. He belongs to a database with certified mechanics. He typed in p0300 and the first issue was an engine swap and rough running motor. Problem was the 02 senors were swapped. So I swapped sensor wires and problem solved.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts