Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put some 285/75/16 tires on my stock trooper with stock wheels, I've read that this is doable without a lift but wanted to get some thoughts from everyone here before doing so.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
199 Posts
youre either gonna have to lift or cut and bang stuff to get them to not rub...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear you, but have you personally seen this to be true? I ask because others have siad they fit with no rubbing. If these won't fit I'll go with 265/75/16

Thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I havent personally seen it but im running 265s with about an inch, inch and a half lift and I dont think they would have not rubbed if I didnt lift, by the way lifting mine only cost about 50 bucks with some daystar coild spacers (ome 919s accomplish the same thing but theyre 170 bucks)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
My 265/75/16's which run a tad large rubbed with no lift only at full lock or turning and going over a good bump, these trucks look killer with 1.5-2" lift for only the cost of spacers or springs, and an alignment, juss sayin' ;-)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
My 255/85s barely rubbed on the front under full compression, no rub while turning. If they do rub it won't be bad, I say go for it.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
If you have an automatic, then yes it will stress your tranny a bit more than stock would. If you don't have one already, I'd insteall a tranny cooler, especially with 33's.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
i'd stick with the 265/75/16 they look good and don't stress the tranny as much, if you go 285/75/16, you won't be able to find any tires in load range c, you'll have to go to d, wich in my opinion are too heavy for a trooper, also the ride quality and fuel usage will suck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I ordered 265/75/16, makes more sense.....Hey,I want to do the 1-2" lift, do I just put new ome 919/929 springs and crank the torsion bars a full turn?

Thanks,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts