Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are pictures of my newly acquired (4/10/4) 1998 Isuzu Amigo (US specs) with 85k miles.

Specs:
- 4WD
- V6
- 5 speed manual tranny
- ABS
- Cruise Control
- Limited Slip Rear Diff
- Power lock/window
- Fog lights

Already done:
- Removed most emblems/logos, still need to do the wheel center caps and Isuzu insignia on the grille
-Removed spare tire (how can I get the spare tire bracket off ? It's held by strange looking bolts)
- Removed stickers
- Engine oil changed to Mobil1 Synthetic
- Fixed some rattles (more to go !)

Next to be done:
- Fixing the clutch pedal squeak (ideas ?)
- Amsoil Synthetic gear oil for front and rear diffs
- Synthetic tranny and transfer case fluid (probably just Mobil1 Synthetic)
- Synthetic brake/clutch fluid
- Flush/refill coolant and add Redline WaterWetter
- Desperately needed shocks; I may go with Tokico Trek Master R/T, but I really want Koni Heavy Track single adjustable
- Superwinch manual locking hubs (on order)
- Iridium spark plugs (still shopping for best deal)
- Cleaning out throttle body and installing oil vapor trap
- EBC Greenstuff brake pads for front and rear (the current pads on the truck are horrible)
- Fabricate open-element cold-air intake (still on the drawing board)
- In the long term plan: Calmini 3" lift and suspension components, supercharger and black wheels.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
as far as theose stange bolts, carefully use vise grips, its what i needed to use on my Rodeo. You could also try a "gator grip socket" or a six point socket that fits it tight, nice rig BTW

·
Registered
823 Posts
Looks good, will look even better with my coils in the back...cant wait to see it then..BTW, check mine out...

Chase

And you know whats messed up, I have been looking for a rear mount for the damn spare fro a while, need to get it out of my back, a 33 takes up alot of space back there..shoudl probably find a swing-away one though, cause I will never get to open the back again with the rigid mount..I think..

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chase,

Thanks. Yours looks good too. The tailgate tire mount needs holes on the tailgate and I think there is support in the tailgate itself for it to work. I'd think you will need the exact tailgate or you're gonna have to use a swing away. Wanna trade ? :lol:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yeah right, lol, you know how much that will cost for shipping..I am thinking about building one now..AND, bith of our trucks would be without tailgates for how long..lol

If it were only that simple...

Chase

1 - 5 of 5 Posts