Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my 1997 Isuzu Rodeo. Its a 4 Cylinder. 5 Speed Transmission. 2 Wheel Drive. It has a Chevy S10 Engine swapped in. Runs fine. It has an erratic idle when it warms up and likes to stall sometimes but will start right back up. It was from Florida originally, then West Virginia for about a year, and now its here in Pittsburgh, PA. Good PA title. There is not a spot of rust on it. It is currently not PA inspected. It just needs a windshield to pass because it has a crack in it. It has no AC. The power steering recently quit working but its not hard to steer.

Would be a great candidate for a lift and a V8 swap or drive as is. Like I said, there is no rust on the frame or the body.

Here are 2 pics:

I will sell for $300 CASH. Any questions or interests please post or PM.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
IronDukedRodeo said:
No interest in this?
Give it time....you just posted it.

Could take a little while, specially with gas prices, etc. and many owners are a tad leary of the 4-cylinder engines just because of their higher maintenance requirements over a V6, and lack of power on a heavy truck.

But you have it priced right, IMHO....so just give it some time. I've seen some of these requests take a few weeks, some sale right away, others end up trading the vehicle for another.

I'm very partial to the 97 model year, but have no clue regarding the 4-cylinder engine.

Reactions: IronDukedRodeo

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
IronDukedRodeo said:
I'm selling my 1997 Isuzu Rodeo. I'm looking to be back into a car again, so this needs to go. I'm just not a fan of the SUV scene. Its a 4 Cylinder. 5 Speed Transmission. 2 Wheel Drive. It has a Chevy S10 Engine swapped in.
If it has an S10 engine in it, then it doesn't have a 4 cylinder engine.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Selador said:
IronDukedRodeo said:
I'm selling my 1997 Isuzu Rodeo. I'm looking to be back into a car again, so this needs to go. I'm just not a fan of the SUV scene. Its a 4 Cylinder. 5 Speed Transmission. 2 Wheel Drive. It has a Chevy S10 Engine swapped in.
I disagree, I got an s10,sitting outside with a 2.2 4 cylinder motor, I drive it everyday.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
tonnydoodles said:
Selador said:
IronDukedRodeo said:
I disagree, I got an s10,sitting outside with a 2.2 4 cylinder motor, I drive it everyday.
Sheesh. That's what I get for assuming that my own experience was naturally "the norm". LOL

I've never seen an S10 with anything but 6 cylinders in them. Well, except for the guys who have shoehorned v-8s into them.

What year is it ?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Mine is a 2003, I'm on my second s10 with the 2.2 motor, first one was an 96,those are the best work trucks ever, great on gas and pretty much unbreakable.

·
Registered
150 Posts
tonnydoodles said:
Mine is a 2003, I'm on my second s10 with the 2.2 motor, first one was an 96,those are the best work trucks ever, great on gas and pretty much unbreakable.
I can't believe you just said that
"those are the best work trucks ever, great on gas and pretty much unbreakable."
in an ISUZU forum lol Terrible

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Free bump.

At 400 dollars, if I lived close enough, I'd buy it.

It would at least be a good parts truck.

And scrap value alone, has got to be close to the 400 dollars.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ts really clean, no rust. It can be street driven, turned into a mud truck, or used for parts.

I can get $373 for scrap but its too clean to crush. I'd rather someone make it a project or drive it. If I had the money and space I'd 4.3 swap it, 700R4, NP205 transfer case, SAS the front end with a wagoneer dana 44 (1 inch longer iirc), Lift it. Shove 35's under it, go mud.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts