Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are 2 small hard to get to coolant lines coming off the bottom of the thermostat housing and they both go to the front of the head L&R...one is very soft and swollen and I would like to try a quick fix and replace it...Yes, they appear to be part of a T- hose connector...how do I go about finding the correct replacement hoses and is there a special process to remove and replace them? What type and size hose to use (fuel line hose?). It is a small and tight space. Will I still be able to remove the spring clamp on the hose at the head?

Hose in pic is on the front passenger side.
Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Gas Tints and shades Motor vehicle

Thanks
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pressure tested the system after suspecting it was the T-hose going to the passenger head...took a little effort to remove the hose. Going to be a challenge to install a hose clamp on the hose at the cylinder head...open for suggestions.

The writing stamped on the hose says "water hose 9608"
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design
Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part Machine
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread
Hand Arm Eye Leg Human body

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Used about 12" of Gates 4219XL fuel hose...made a little loop before going back into the T-connector under the T-stat housing...used OE spring clamp...used long needle nose plies to install clamp.

* Notice that the hose clamp is actually a clamp inside of a clamp.*

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Automotive exterior Auto part
Automotive tire Tire Wood Rim Beige
Asphalt Automotive tire Circle Metal Fashion accessory
Wood Garden tool Gas Grass Road surface

1 - 3 of 3 Posts