Isuzu SUV Forum banner

1997 Honda Passport/Isuzoo Rodeo hub mystery

4K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  mudoilngears 
#1 ·
My friend is doing the work and says too many extra bolts....will try to post pic, but wanted to give a shout out right away. Am doing full brake job, and this hub assembly is new to him. He has done many brake jobs. This is a 4x.
Hope this is enough to start getting an answer! I know, I know, get a pic up....
Thank you!

#2 ·
Will try to decipher the post. Your friend is replacing brakes, took apart the hubs and can't get them back together?

#3 ·
He has the wheel and calipers off. Has not dissassembled the hub, as it is a new breed to him. He went to do homework to figure out what it is before taking apart. A good friend. :) I will attempt to post pics today. I am a tech tard and am running a friends camera...so please wish me luck. So far we are thinking it may be a 4x thing: it is the 1997 Honda Passport, so on the stickers inside it says Isuzu Rodeo, is the 3.2l V6 overhead cam 4x, automatic transmission.
Thank you for responding on such little intel! Much appreciated!
T

#4 ·
I think anyone that can fix brakes, should be able to figure out a set of locking hubs, but I'll try to find a diagram.

#6 ·
The allen head bolts hold the drive flange on, the countersunk "regular" bolts hold the rotor to the hub.
He must remove those allen bolts and remove the domed cover. Under that cover is a clip that holds the end of the CV shaft. Remove clip, remove drive flange. Then remove the retainer ring, and hub nut. This will allow the hub and rotor to come off.

#8 ·
No, it's not a locking hub. I thought they started with drive flanges (what yours has) in 98, but it looks like they started before that.

#9 ·
Right, does not look like a locking hub. Locking hubs are the ones you get out and turn to get into 4x and back out, right? That is what I had on the truck that's gone. My Passport here does all the 4x shifting from the inside 4x stick.
So just dissassemble like you said? Any torque specs?

#10 ·
Talon said:
Right, does not look like a locking hub. Locking hubs are the ones you get out and turn to get into 4x and back out, right? That is what I had on the truck that's gone. My Passport here does all the 4x shifting from the inside 4x stick.
So just dissassemble like you said? Any torque specs?
There are auto locking hubs too. Those would function the same as yours does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.