Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for suggestions from 92-02 Trooper owners. This is for the wifes 96 Trooper(its sees mostly asphalt). She just broke the front shock, so time to replace them. I put Pro Comp ES3000's on the 93 Trooper, Im not impressed but not terrible. I was thinking KYB Gas-a-just. I have read reviews ranging from one end to the other. Calmini's didnt seem terribly priced either. Thoughts?

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
IMO the best Trooper shocks are OME Nitrochargers...might be a bit of overkill for the planned use though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bilstein HD's from shox.com are $269 shipped. I've had them on several vehicles and really like them, especially with stock springs.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I put Monroe sensatracs on my wife's trooper and it sees nothing but asphalt. They are perfect for that. OME's are the best but I'd go for sensatracs if I were you.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Gump is right though, they can be bouncy. KYB I like to. they are a bit longer stock and stiffer to eliminate to much "bounce" and won't break the bank either.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Best bang for the buck for your application is the KYB Gas Adjust. Rockauto.co has them $33.79/$35.79 and right now they have a promo going on.....buy 4 and get $40 back. the KYB's ride great and are still good for moderate wheeling. I have them on both of my 98's

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sassee you must be rubbing off on me, I'm about to buy my second trooper as my daily driver , and my current is going big!!! thanks for the illness

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I think the arbitrary number is 4 before you need counseling......................enjoy! 8)

·
Registered
373 Posts
LOL well two is here this after noon, have eyes on 3 ! wife needs one to ya know. Ford sucks....lmao
so correct me if I am wrong but the KYB's are 1" longer are they not?

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Careful!!!

Adding more Zu's means more potential wrenching. I loved all 6 of my Zu's but those 3 first gens along with my daughters 98 (4 at one time) turned into constant PM and occasional large repairs. It wound-up taking the fun out. i sold off my first gens and bought a 98 with a 5-speed and now just chilling with the 2-98's

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have my 96, the new one is a 99. The 99 is just getting and a cank to the tune of 2' to match the new rear springs and 265s for the wife.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts