Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I got a clue from this post, then looking at the converter on Amazon, it shows the rubber plug on the wire. I found a soft rubber plug on low inner fender well driver side, near the tail pipe. Tailpipe is pretty close, so will have to tie up wire if that is where it is plugged in

Was going to use Curt 55339, but the Tekonsha looks better to me.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also bought a Curt hitch 13098 from Zoro and it came with the bolts and washers.
I was going to clean out the rusty frame holes on the bottom but found out the size is M12-1.0 thread. Came in the bolt pack that came with the hitch.
My metric die set does not have that size.

Then amazingly that size bolt for the bumpers is RARE, so glad I got a pack of bolts with the hitch, If I had gotten a used craigslist hitch, would not be able to install it. Or the bolts if I could find them would be $5 each!

I had a 15% off coupon for Zoro, they have the best hitch price for the Trooper.

They tape the bolts into the receiver.

Have any of you bought Metric 10.9 M12-1.0 bolts for your Trooper?

Can not buy from McMasterCarr

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, it is 1.25 the bolts in the pack, it is just me being strange. I still dont have a M12-1.25 tap in AZ tap and die set.
When I get back to this later, I can cut some slots in the old bolts with my Dremel to help clean out the rust in the frame holes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You will need the 5-wire to 4-wire adapter (cheap on Amazon). I found that I was able to open the jack compartment and reach down to push the factory wire through the rubber grommet.

Gavin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts