·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics:

http://kwc.smugmug.com/Other/isuzu/20429827_RTfh2X

197,XXX miles
I am second owner, bought at 44k miles
full synthetic oil since new (I know original owner as well)
tires about 40% tread
4WD works great, new 4WD actuator last year (4x4 dash light stays on sometimes)
good brakes and exhaust,
no body rust to speak of except two tiny spots and a hole in bumper end cap, little on the spare rack
I had truck undercoated in Canada every two years
frame rust here and there, one spot that might need attention at some point but ok now
full size rack-mounted spare
towing package with flat 4 plug and class III two-inch receiver hitch
interior a little rough in spots but not awful
cruise, tilt, PW, PDL, power mirrors
cold AC and good heater
tranny shifts crisply (tranny service with filter done every 30k)
radio cassette a bit intermittent, some lights out on dash, horn not working
clunk in susp sometimes after turning left, no idea what it is, obviously nothing serious as has been there for 20k
timing belt / water pump last done at 160k, cv boots done at 160k as well

slight valve cover leak occasionally a drip hits the exhaust manifold and you smell it, my mech quoted an hour
labor for valve cover gaskets, I've done it myself before on this truck

new NC fuel tank and internals this week from a rust free truck, tank is in superb shape (thanks to Joe for the part)

just did a 1000 mile round trip towing a trailer last month and a round trip to Chicago this week

this truck has been bulletproof, might as well have welded the hood shut

just did all fluids 1000 miles ago, coolant, front / rear diff, transfer case, oil/filter and full tranny service w/filter

Perfect winter beater, snowplow?, hunting truck or daily driver

$2500 OBO

Keith

217-377-5317

[email protected]

located in Central IL, clean IL title

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Just gettin broke in....I have your same truck, only mine's a 97 with 203k miles as of today, still looks and runs brand-new.

Can I ask why you're selling?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just decided after 10 years it was time for a change. Also, I plan to start towing a heavier tandem trailer and need a V8. Was just planning to update this post as the truck sold yesterday afternoon. Bye old girl, we had a hell of a run. The guy who bought it is an ASE cert mechanic - he will fix a few things and his daughter will haul her kids in it as a winter commuter. Roll on Rodeo. Not ashamed to admit I had a big ole lump in my throat as it rolled away down my street.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
1 Canuck said:
Just decided after 10 years it was time for a change. Also, I plan to start towing a heavier tandem trailer and need a V8. Was just planning to update this post as the truck sold yesterday afternoon. Bye old girl, we had a hell of a run. The guy who bought it is an ASE cert mechanic - he will fix a few things and his daughter will haul her kids in it as a winter commuter. Roll on Rodeo. Not ashamed to admit I had a big ole lump in my throat as it rolled away down my street.
Oh...trust me, I understand. Our 1st rodeo is back home with us now, a 91 that we had it for over 10yrs and 170k miles bought it brand-new; traded it in for the same reason you did..we needed a bigger truck...so we traded it for a 3/4 ton dodge cummins diesel. We did, however have a 2nd rodeo, that we kept.

For several years however, we were completely bummed having seen that old truck go, she gave us many years of memories, not too mention thousands of miles across 35 different states.

One day, a friend called and said he bought a used rodeo, wanted me to come check it out, drove over their in our 97 rodeo, that we too bought new 6yrs after the 1st one - pulle in the guys driveway just to find my old truck staring at me....it was so cool!

It had over 250k miles on it then, everything original however and still in superb shape. My friend drove it for 2.5yrs and gave it back to me; currently has 355k miles on it, original auto tranny and engine.

Have both rodeo's in my driveway today, next time I part with either one, will be when they completely rot off the frame. But I don't have any regrets for having traded it in the first place, it gave me $5k dollars towards the dodge cummins, which I currently have as well.

But I'll outright admit, neither truck gets drove a whole lot, I have a company truck, plus a minivan, that mostly gets driven on the weekends.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts