Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you retrieve ABS codes on a 1995 Isuzu Trooper LS, 4WD with only rear ABS system? I have a 3 plug data link connector but that only retrieves check engine light codes by jumping wire 1 & 3. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After further web surfing I guess I can probably answer my own question. Apparently on early Bosch 2 ABS imports, there are no codes stored anywhere. If the light is on, you have to perform pinpoint circuit testing to find the trouble. I guess I'll start with the speed sensor.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Good question. I simply unplugged the ABS module to make the lights go out and roll without ABS. If it helps, the ABS module is on the center hump under the dash, it is the one with the connecter on the passenger side. There are two other modules there, one for air bags and the other is the engine computer I think, they both have their connectors on the rear facing side.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. The light is been on for a while and the guy at the state inspection station said he would fail it with the light on. If unplugging the ABS module will at least let the light go out, I may have to try your suggested route until I can make time to pinpoint the actual problem.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
That module is kinda hard to reach, it is up under the ashtray area but maybe your hands are smaller than mine...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe I'll try black electrical tape over the warning lights and see if that works!
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
On mine the normal failure is the sensor in the top of the rear differential. I think is supposed to be about 1800 ohm resistance but check the manual or send me a note and I can look it up. Can change it in a few minutes and is about 85.00 at NAPA.

·
Registered
14 Posts
vanduker said:
On mine the normal failure is the sensor in the top of the rear differential. I think is supposed to be about 1800 ohm resistance but check the manual or send me a note and I can look it up. Can change it in a few minutes and is about 85.00 at NAPA.
On my 95 Trooper the ABS light was on a year ago due to that sensor @ the rear diff. They replaced the sensor and the new one failed immediately, I guess some electrical fault responsible in both cases, so they disabled the ABS to get the dash light off so it would pass safety inspection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts