Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drivers window will work just fine, no problems.....but the other 3 windows wont do anything up or down. They will not work with the main switch or each individual door switch. I checked the fuse/relay under the dash and it is good. I find it hard to believe that 3 window motors go out at the same time.

If anyone can post a pic of wiring diagram that would be awsome :)

All ideas and suggestions appriciated

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
beater said:
sounds to me like it is the child lock button.

ground probably came loose.
But wouldnt the master switch still operate all the windows, rather the child lock button was pushed or not? master switch wont operate the other 3 windows either, only the drivers.

·
Registered
677 Posts
These trucks were built by some of the same people who put warning labels on irons that said REMOVE CLOTHES BEFORE IRONING. It would not surprise me in the least to find that the child lock switch is the problem.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
still dont make sense about the child lock button, but I have a master switch ordered and will know for certain in a week or two. If there are more suggestions for me to check out while I wait, plz do let me know.

Also, just noticed today....a/c runs constantly, rather the a/c button is pressed in or out. Bad button or ?????

·
Registered
123 Posts
all of the vehicles that I have owned with a window lock button has left the driver's window open to use, but locked all other windows. Even if the switches on the driver's door is used.

If the AC is on all the time AND it is on defrost all the time then it could be a vacume leak under the hood.

My XJ defaults (safety issue) to the defrost if the vac line is separated or has a leak.

Does the cuise control work? If not then I assume it is a vac issue.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is not stuck on defrost, it will blow where ever you choose to set it (floor, vent, mix...whatev). And yes, the cruise control does work properly.

I was told that it could possibly be an inline a/c pressure relay. Might anyone know where this part is located and if I could test ohms reading to determine if its good?

As for the windows, I will have to wait until my replacement master switch arrives to see if the window lock is the issue. All vehicles I have owned will let the driver operate all windows rather that child lock is pressed or not.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
vzfox said:
It is not stuck on defrost, it will blow where ever you choose to set it (floor, vent, mix...whatev). And yes, the cruise control does work properly.

I was told that it could possibly be an inline a/c pressure relay. Might anyone know where this part is located and if I could test ohms reading to determine if its good?
I dont want to get off topic here, sorry for posting this question with this topic. I did start a new thread about this topic, so plz feel free to give me your input and advise :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.