Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
After my last Trooper, I always dreaming for another one. Since three of the previous is diesel, this time I want to try the gasoline engine. For information, Indonesia only had 4ZD1 2.3L gasoline that sold officially by GM dealer.
I've done my own research and foundout that the finest gasoline Trooper in Indonesia is between 1994-1996. The reason is, on that year it share most option that available for 1988-1991 JDM "Export" trim level. Except for the engine of course, at that period other countries had 4ZE1 2.6L.
Indonesia 1994-1996 Trooper also have Hi-Roof body style, this version is rare and only found in Middle East or JDM Lotus version.

irmscher process 10.jpg

The price is bellow market because overall condition is not so good, some dents here and there, but the engine still running strong. Interior is need to clean up and there are some missing parts. I will need a lot of helps from you guys :D

HiRoof05.jpg

HiRoof11.jpg

Actually I've aimed this UBS about four months ago, and this car even already parked in my garage three month ago. At that time I need a late 1st gen for my JDM 1987-1991 Nudge Bar experiment and suddenly I remember about my friend who own this Trooper. Previous owner garage is full and I convinced the owner that I will take care of her.

IMG00958-20120426-1658.jpg

IMG00973-20120428-0713.jpg

This Trooper will gonna be my family vehicle. It's big enough to bring all of my kids stuff and mid seat can reclined flat enough to make it as a comfortable bed. My closest plan is to use it to bring my family from Jakarta to Bali for New Year vacation.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Another interesting project! I really like the high roof feature that we cannot get. I think it is interesting with the 2.3. It should get about 21 or so MPG. Mine got 22 to 23 MPG, but yours will be heavier with the hi roof. Does it have rear disc brakes or are they drum? Does it have the upgraded diffs that came out in the mid 1987 year? If it has the rear disc brakes it would be the 12 bolt. That would be a good thing. Looking forward to seeing the build.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since 1st Gen production stopped in 1991 for Int'l market, we got anything that's left from the stockyard for our 1991-1996 1st Gen Trooper.
It's pre-87 frame with 1991 body matched with old design 2.3L, MSG tranny and 10-bolt rear axle. Not the best combination I think.

Yes it's heavier than the flat roof, now I get around 19-20mpg with 32" Maxxis. But it has more power and more comfortable than previous diesel.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's the same version with our old friend Jacubs from Philippine, 2.3L with MSG and 10-bolt rear.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36915&p=281086#p281086

My plan is to get or make some of Isuzu Bighorn accessories :

Fender flares like Rhanagar,

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=54659

Already made this kind of bumper :

And of course to convert Chevrolet Trooper emblem and badges to Isuzu Bighorn.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I always find it amazing how you and your friends modifly a Trooper to what you need. And in a very short timeframe!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hessmess said:
I always find it amazing how you and your friends modifly a Trooper to what you need. And in a very short timeframe!
No, I just collect pictures from Planet's member. Rhanagar is in UK and Jacubs already sold his Trooper more than a year ago. They both took more than a year to modify their Trooper. Even my old SWB need more than six months only to finish the paintwork ;)
I just don't have much time to get a picture of the process, so it looks like I only need a short time to do a modification.

This Hi-Roof already bodylifted and use 32 Maxxis when I bought it, it wouldn't take a long time to modify it.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Sweet Trooper my friend. can't wait to see your personal touches and progress. Sure do miss you and Jacubs.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Shooter, It's good to be back with a Trooper :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Paint is not in a good shape, and I don't have cash to paint it right now. So I'm thinking to use sticker over the standard color.

This is how it looks right now :

My references :
A. 1986 International Market
B. 1985 International Market
C. 1986 International Market
D. 1989 Irmscher JDM

This is the result in Photoshop. I also add the Irmscher style nudgebar, overfender, side marker lamp, and JDM side mirror.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
That will be one good looking Trooper when you get it done, next week right?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hessmess said:
That will be one good looking Trooper when you get it done, next week right?
No, tomorrow, and in a couple days it'll change the body style again :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Finally, by selling chromed accessories a get some cash to spray a layer of paint for her, fix the dents and made the one piece rear bumper.
It hasn't finished yet, probably in a day or two, and later I can put a new doortrims and some audio things.

HiRuff Process 011.jpg

Two weeks before, I change 32 M/T with 31 A/T. Miraculously, it's from my ex-Trooper that I sold in 2008.

IMG-20121104-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20121103-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20121103-WA0016.jpg

A/T is more appropriate for my family adventure vehicle concept.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
electricpuppyboy said:
I vote for this one:

I love those hi-roofs! I wish I could get one in the states.
Thanks Bob.. That'll be my choice too..

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Just bought this Hella Comet 500, I hope they can fit my newIrmscher style nudge bar.

And prepared this cover ;)

Lamp Cover.jpg

Also this JDM 1986 spare Tyre cover

Trooper Parts Tyre Cover 03.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Finish with paint, but there's still so many things to do.
Preparing the stickers, side mouldings, auxilary lamps, tyre cover etc.

HiRuff Process 51.jpg

HiRuff Progress 52.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
electricpuppyboy said:
Looks great! Is the windscreen tinted?
The other windows is tinted, but not the windscreen.

1 - 20 of 331 Posts