Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bull crap! I too have a 95.5 rodeo and I put in a crimeguard sold at crutchfield. I was able to purchase wiring harnesses that involved almost no wire cutting. Only thing I had to do was add a relay to pop the back glass. Hooking up the doors was literally plugging it in.

Call Crutchfield and do it yourself

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also have the 95.5 rodeo and the driver door does not have an actuator on it. What that means is when you turn the key in your door lock, the lock rotates and pushed the lock up on the driver door to allow entry. Then in turn it sends the signal to the other doors(that have actuators) to open. You have to have an actuator to open the driver door. If you didnt you would push the button on a keyless entry and all the other doors would open except the drive door would remained locked.

Just wondering how much did he quote you for the the actuator. I just started searching for one.

DJ

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not sure what you all are smoking. Like I said, I too have a 95.5 rodeo and I'm not getting it. When you hit the unlock switch in the vehicle do all the doors not unlock? This is what you need to interface into. Call cruthfield, they can hook you up with a crimeguard and all the harnesses that go directly into the door lock system. Mine has been going strong for 9 years.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I guess you have a different option than I do. I do not have a LOCK/UNLOCK button. When in my rodeo for me to unlock my door I have to pull up on the door lock. When I do this the other locked doors follow and open. If I push down on the lock then all the other doors lock. So for me to install a keyless entry I have to install an actuator to make my door lock move.

·
Registered
167 Posts
This brings me to a question which is related. My 96 Rodeo has the remote entry option and I have two remotes programmed. When I unlock remotely, it only pops the drivers door and not the rest. I would prefer it to unlock all doors. I have not found this option in the remote entry manul therefore I figure it is not possible without some mod?

·
Registered
214 Posts
This brings me to a question which is related. My 96 Rodeo has the remote entry option and I have two remotes programmed. When I unlock remotely, it only pops the drivers door and not the rest. I would prefer it to unlock all doors. I have not found this option in the remote entry manul therefore I figure it is not possible without some mod?
Hit the button twice and all of the doors should unlock.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ive tried the double press. It usually confuses the receiver which thinks it's a press-hold and the alarm goes off. If I press it a second time with any pause, it locks the doors.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Big Miracle said:
I took my rodeo to get a keyless entry system installed (it already has power locks) and I was told that my model Rodeo was going to be expensive becouse it needed actuators. Does anyone know why?
This should not be expensive at all.

They are right that you will need a door lock actuator. This is the easiest way to have all the doors open and close when you lock/unlock with the alarm.

A door lock actuator shouldn't be more than $20 TOPS. Any basic alarm will have an option so you can interface with the actuator. Some might have relays built right in so you don't have to wire up any yourself.

I used to work in a shop a long time ago and we charged an extra $30 to install the door lock actuator, plus the cost of the actuator.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.