Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall,

Just thought I would make a list of things to do and then hopefully do them and document it.

1994 is getting old.

Post pics before
New CV axels
New Tie Rods
New Ball Joints
New Wheel Bearings
New Stabilizer Bar End Links
New Rear Speakers
Replace seals in power steering pump
Replace spark plug
Replace fuel filter
Paint/Derust rims
Clean the carpets
Put on new tint
Replace wheel well trim with ABS plastic

Down the line

Lift suspension and get new shocks
Winch bumper

·
Registered
765 Posts
no mention of timing belt / water pump....valve cover gaskets, if they are leaking into the spark plug tubes....vacuum lines as well-they get rotten and cracked and cause all sorts of issues..

Reactions: MrsRooper

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Timing belt is on the radar. Not sure when it was done last. The shocks aren't that bad I paid for new ones about 5 years ago but they are crap. I think the money would be better spent on the real coil springs. Its a pretty rough ride. While the shocks look ok the rubber at the top is completely deteriorated.

I just bought a vacuum tester kit.

Haven't thought about the valve cover gaskets at all, but its on my list now. There is an oil leak/burn somewhere. I put in some Lucus oil additive and it seems to not smell so much anymore. Haven't thought about the water pump either, but its the original radiator and there are some old patches.

Little worried about the power steering pully. Is there a good source for pullies? I replaced it 5 years ago with one from a junk yard and it seems a little crooked. Probably need all new belts everywhere.

Smog is coming in CA so I am also thinking I should clean the EGR valve too.

I think I will wait for the lift and see how some new rubber changes the steering.

I need 4x4 to get to some job sites but its rare.

The power steering pump is definitely leaking.

Is it worth trying to replace the seals/gaskets or is a new one the way to go?

·
Registered
765 Posts
cardone reman parts are junk. stay away!!

on the shocks, i have yet to find any that perform decent...monroes are too soft, ranchos blow out quickly, i have a cheap set of ? on there right now, not that great..
.kyb or bilstien ? might be the way to go...

cam seal/ end plug seals tend to leak....

a weepy valve cover seal will ooze onto the exhaust manifold...

Reactions: MrsRooper

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the cardone axle without inboard housing coming. What's a better alternative?

So you think the valve cover replacement will help with smog. That's good to know and good motiviation.

thanks for the shock advise I might hold off. I don't get any extra bounces when I stop I think its just the rubber pieces and the rough paved roads where I live.

cam seal/ end plug seals tend to leak...
I think that is the case I just check the dye at night after a driving it a bit today and most of the dye is on the very underside compared to the pump assembly. Any more info on this? What part should I order.
Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.