Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I am not that new but the system would not let me log in.

I have a 1994 Isuzu Amigo with a 2.6. This starts and runs but has a problem. This happens mostly when cold but it has happened at other times. This will start to loose power and buck and sometimes backfire to. If I down shift and floor it it will get better. I went off roading and it acted up there too. I have replaced fuel filter,plugs, cap, rotor,coil and wires. Any ideas?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Had the same problem with mine. I would loosen the bolt on the dist. (I have a 91 Amigo 2.6L) and twist it a bit to raise the RPMs. My timing was off due to the dist. being twisted a bit when put back in. At cold, she would misfire and run like absolute sh*t til she warmed up.

Let the engine warm up completely and then twist the alternator a bit and adjust the idle.

I still, even after replacing IAC, Thermostat, Oxygen sensor, Plugs, Wires, Dist. cap and rotor, pickup coil, fuel filter, fuel pump...

When reversing, hitting the gas multiple times (It's a stick as well) She will almost like flood and choke and bog down real bad but then fix herself after a few seconds. She does it when I'm getting out of some deep mud as well.

That problem I haven't fixed, but your problem right now sounds like the timing is a bit off. I would work on that first.

That fixed my problem.

·
Registered
229 Posts
If you have a distributor on a vehicle, doesn't matter WHAT kind my friend, the distributor is supposed to twist so you can adjust timing and idle. If it doesn't, there is something wrong. xD It's seized into place

1 - 4 of 4 Posts