Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 Amigo 2wd, 5sp, 2.6l I4

I blew the engine a year and a half ago.

I am looking at a 1994 Rodeo
4wd, 5sp, 3.2l V6

What problems would I have converting the Amigo to a 4wd, V6?
Thanks in advance for all info

Mike Sandel

·
Registered
68 Posts
You might wanna read this first http://planetisuzu.com/articles.htm/105

Altho the only problem i can think of in case of '95 Rodeo in to '94 Amigo will be the engine mounts & the tranny/t-case cross member.
Everything else should be just bolt-on (if the Rodeo has a newer style dash board, than you'll have a hell of a time modding it to fit in to Amigo).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Howdy. Well conversions are never easy. I've done many with my Scouts. In any case, the best thing to do is find someone who actually has done the conversion you want to do.

I also thought that I'd throw out not to forget about the input shaft to the transmission, and on the engine side, the flywheel and clutch assembly. Make sure these are all compatible before just throwing it in the truck. Good luck.

-Kevin

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
If you get an earily 95 Rodeo, they still had the old dash. I have swapped a 97 Rodeo dash into a 93 Pup, its a pain but possible. Anyway...the frame on the Rodeo 4x4 or 4x2 is the same as an Amigo 4x4 or 4x2 from the front bumper up to the 2nd set of cab mounts. you can use the rad support mounts, the first set of mounts near the firewall and then the 2nd set behind the front seats for reference points. It may be easier to swap the front clip of frame from the Rodeo and bolt it to the Amigo body and graft on the rear frame from the Amigo. Sounds difficult, but its not as bad as you might think. A good body shop should be able to built the frame sections together. My next toy im getting is a 2wd 95.5 Rodeo from a friend and putting a 2wd truck frame front clip under it so i can go lower and an Amigo rear top and body panels on my Rodeo. both had 2.6L in them. The motor mounts are the same from frame to frame but the rubber mounts is where the difference accurs. swap frames sections less time involved i think personally. but i am nuts anyway

·
Registered
68 Posts
Lowzone, check out the link i posted above.
I did almost the exact same thing you are talking about (and see all the problems i had with it)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.