Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody help me find the 12 volt constant on my radio harness, iv'e located the 12 volt accessory and the ground and all the speaker wire's but the constant eludes me(unfortunitely the connection was cut and the wireing has to be spliced). also what do i do with the dimmer and illumination wires?

·
Registered
286 Posts
That's funny, cause I have the same problem. Someone on here awhile ago, when I was wondering about the wires, posted a link to a site with all the wires and what each was. I have been trying to find the site but have had no luck.
My stereo is still with out aconstant 12v. Everytime I get into the Trooper and turn on the stereo I have to redo all my presets, it's a pain in the ***, but I have yet to have the chance to mess with the wires. If you don't find the help you are looking for on here, which I am sure we both will, I will try it out as soon as I get a chance. If you figure it out please let me know. Thanks and good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here's the official color codes for the isuzu trooper 1993. these were obtained through laborious trial and error deep inside the dash of the troop. thanks to jim smith and randy for there input,

constant 12 volt: smaller gauge R/W with silver hash marks
12 volt accessory: orange/yellow
ground: black
dimmer: smaller gauge red/black with silver hash marks (not used)
illum : green/red (not used)
RF(+): gray
RF(-) : green/white
LF(+) : white
LF(-) : larger gauge red/white
RR(+): orange
RR(-) : black/orange
LR(+) : yellow
LR(-) : blue/yellow

that's it, also please check this web site for invaluable info on the trouble shooting involved. http://carstereohelp.net/gotquestionsQ21.htm
also thanks again to jim and randy(different ) trooper owners. for steering me towards the blown 7.5 amp fuse that ultimately was the sticking point.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Perfect. Thanks for posting that Ace.......
Now I won't have to set all my presets everytime I turn off the Trooper.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Glad it worked out for ya Ace,

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts