Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright here we go. Hope you guys like pictures :D !

List of parts

Isuzu 3" leaf lift (no Shocks) - https://www.independent4x.com/mercha...products_id=16

Upgraded the add-a-leafs to complete OME leaf springs - https://www.independent4x.com/mercha...products_id=18

Started this morning with a trip to wally world to get stuff to do an oil change and few other things. Got home and started the tear down.

Here is how the trooper was sitting before I started

Front Fender from the ground up

Rear Fender from the ground up

Rear Bumper from the ground up

Front bumper from the ground up

Bottom of rear fender to top of tire at full drop

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So now the works begins

The stock springs

Hardware removed

Removing the parking brake line from the spring

Axle

Supporting the axle

Your Best Friends, I like to take the shotgun approach when it come to loosening bolts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Old spring next to new

Old spring height about 9.5"

New OME springs

Length Total - 45"
or about 43" from Center to Center of eyelets
Don't know what length you typically say when it comes to leaf springs.

Height about 11.5"
2" over stock
Also this obviously without weight and the spring are firmer and should not drop as much with the vehicle weight to give even more lift

And that is where I sit at waiting on a buddy to come by to get another pair of jack stands and for parts to show up. Should have the front taken apart by this afternoon.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Good stuff, keep it coming!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Oh man, this is gonna be sweet :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sadly the UPS gods weren't on my side and the parts never showed on Saturday. I am hoping they will be here Monday so I can start to piecing it back together as time allows this week, loads of school work, actual work, and my parents are in town this week till next Tuesday. So even if I get the parts it might not be till next week now that I get it put back together. :(

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I'll be checking this out..Love the pics! I have been thinking about getting OME rear leafs for awhile now..Is there any other changes you have to do to run them? Will stock shocks work fine etc? I assume you just crank torsion bar front to raise it up level once the springs are installed?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
How about the front? Winding up the torsion bars still covers the height after rear lift?
Thanks, I love to see pictures of detailing works.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ramzoom said:
I'll be checking this out..Love the pics! I have been thinking about getting OME rear leafs for awhile now..Is there any other changes you have to do to run them? Will stock shocks work fine etc? I assume you just crank torsion bar front to raise it up level once the springs are installed?
You don't have to do anything to put the OME springs on but I am replacing my shackles with Indy4x's "stock height ones (they told me they are about 1/2" taller then stock Isuzu ones). I am running stock +1" shocks for now hoping they are long enough, should be. I am doing a ball joint flip with spacers along with my T-bar crank in the front.

I am going on a decent run on the 9th with a large group so I will be able to breaking / test out the mods very soon, many pics to follow that.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ubs_lover said:
How about the front? Winding up the torsion bars still covers the height after rear lift?
Thanks, I love to see pictures of detailing works.
Pretty much but I am including a ball joint flip and spacers to help with any alignment issues. Once I get the parts I will throw them on and be good to go, after I take it in for a front end alignment.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have come to a conclusion that when I go to replace my shocks I want to relocate my rears and loss the top post mount and go to eyelets for better movement. I don't like how the shocks can only push in and out they can't rotate as the axle moves, I am worried that if I really flex out the axles that I could bend/brake a shock or mount. I like the mounts from Indy4x but does anyone have anything suggestions?

I was thinking something like this.

Or would simply eliminating the post mount without moving the shocks work fine like this

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
My friend use that rear shock setup with good result. I'm trying to search picture of his 1st Gen.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Parts still aren't here, may be giving Indy4x a call to actually get that tracking number. I order over the phone so I never got a confirmation email, I have emailed them but they never got back to me. If I get home this afternoon and stuff isn't there I will be giving them a call just to see whats up.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Ack, the parts gods are letting you down :evil:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Parts got here, but now I have no time, I got one leaf on before I had to starting working on client's and school projects. :(

:D , trying to figure out why they send me 3 Revolution Gear stickers with a lift kit....marketing? I would love to regear my t-case but that is pretty far down on my list of mods.

New shackles and hardware compared to stock

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I saw the revo stickers, and thought you were holding out on us :mrgreen:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
foytiX said:
I saw the revo stickers, and thought you were holding out on us :mrgreen:
Wish I was, besides if I was gonna do that I will probably buy one of the T-cases from them that is already rebuilt with it, don't know if I trust myself with stuff like re-gearing yet.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Gotta learn somehow. :D

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
True, and you'll have to take it out anyways ;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am great at bolt on and off stuff, but much more then that I want to wait until the trooper is not my DD just in case.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.