Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello Gang

I have never seen one of these before, maybe someone can tell me more about these Isuzu Pickup converted to an RV Camper. Looks like a Japanese import since it is a right hand drive.

isuzucamper.jpg

Here is the link on where I found it if someone is interested. I just think it is pretty cool since I have never seen one of them before.

Classic Car Overview
1991 Isuzu Rodeo. This Beautiful RV Has Solar Panels On Roof. Price Negotiable $11200 Or Best Offer. 1 Awning And Bike Rack for 2 bikes. Very Beautiful Wood Flores And Wood Cabinets. This Is A Great RV An Has Been Well Taken Care Of. All Maintenance Done On Time. Has a brand new refrigerator. . Located in Loxahatchee FL.. Financing Nationwide Shipping And Warranties Available To Qualified Buyers This vehicle is located in: Loxahatchee, FL Stock Number: R198386V

Link:
https://classics.autotrader.com/classic ... /101095834

Attachments

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
This got my attention because the wife and I are considering a motor home right now. It could fill the Isuzu void AND the motor home void :D. However, when I click on the link, my hackles go up as it shows pictures of some kind of beat up FULL SIZE motor home and only one picture of the alleged Isuzu Motor home. That, some of the spelling in the ad, and one car tag showing a state different than Florida, and I am gunshy.
There was a thread some time back with one in the PNW that looked intriguing. The RHD could be an issue, but I bet it wouldn't be all that difficult to convert to LHD as from my experience, the frames seem to have all the mounting holes and locations for either flavor. I think Ron (Lowzone) actually did a conversion or was contemplating one (but LHD to RHD IIRC). Dennis

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have an update on the Isuzu RV Camper, I called the people on the listing.

The vehicle is indeed an Isuzu RV Camper, it is based on a 1990 Isuzu NPR Truck

isuzu_rv.jpg

The vehicle is located about 10 miles from where I live if anyone is really serious I may be willing to go there and take a closer look.

Vehicle Specifications
VIN: JALB4T1H4L7006719
Make: Isuzu
Model: NPR
Year: 1990
Mileage: 76,000 miles
Made In: Japan
Drivetrain: 4X2
Fuel Type: Diesel
Vehicle Category: Heavy Truck
Vehicle Age: 29 years
Engine Name: 3.9-L L-4 Diesel
Engine Cylinders: 4

https://www.tradenetrvs.com/classified- ... o/R198386V

Attachments

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
You know, if it had actually been the little pickup / Rodeo based camper, I might have been interested. But the brown thing they show is far from the description of excellent condition. Dennis

·
Registered
151 Posts
The Rodeo based ones do exist and they are pretty commonly available here in the Pacific North West. There is one for sale right now for around $18K. It is much cheaper to find one in Japan and import it yourself for easily half that amount. There are some challenges to overcome with the wiring but for the most part they are ready for you to use, except being right hand drive.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
double post :oops:

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Yes, I've been aware of those since someone posted several pics of a gray one a few years back. The fact that "this" could possibly have been one here in Florida had me interested. When I saw that it was actually a Class A on an NPR frame - no go at that price. Down here, if you want to spend 9-10K you can pick up a much nicer "standard" Class A or a decent Class C (A's are the full body motorhomes, C's are the pickup or van cab with the camper body starting at the doorpost, and a B is a van, often a hi top, with the fold down bed(s) FYI for anyone who might wonder.
There is even a rental outfit selling their refurbished rentals with a new paint job and a warranty for around 15-16K for a few year old class C. All this and the roached out brown thing doesn't sound so good.
I'd be curious to know what kind of mileage the little "Rodeo - base" camper gets. Dennis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts