Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've searched every inch of the engine compartment, and for the life of me, i can't find where this plug-in goes. in the photo, it's the plug-in right in front of the transmission dipstick. the color of the rubber water seal grommet is orangish. it loops around and continues into the wire loom that is just behind the dipstick (the one that you see in the finger hole.
a little info for you; 1990 trooper, 2.8L V6 originally (now with 3.4L V6), aircon, auto trans, no cruise control.
can anyone identify it?

Hosted on Fotki

cheers, john

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the MAP sensor is located on the air cleaner housing, correct? if it is, then this plug-in does not go there. the MAP sensor plug-in is already installed. the wire that i'm trying to find a plug for is approximately 18" long, so it has to be on the starboard, oops, passenger's side.
cheers

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sohc
thanks for your replies. the nice thing about all of these plugs is that they can only go into the right corresponding plug. all of your replies are good, but everything that you have mentioned has the right corresponding plug put into it. the alternator, the MAP sensor, the AIR pump,etc., they're all there. could it possibly be that this wire is not used? does anyone with a 2.8L V6 have the answer?

cheers, john

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
I'm thinkin' the EGR solenoid. At least, according to my wiring diag, that's got blk/wht, green, and brown wires going to it.

HTH.........ed

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ed and betterthanyou. you guys are absolutely right. after i read ed's answer, i looked up an EGR at autozone. i knew what it was and where it went, i just didn't remember if i had put mine on. so i drove up to where my trooper is and i checked under the hood. yes, i put my EGR on, but like betterthanyou said, the plug-in is up against the firewall. how the hell was i supposed to find that!
thanks everyone for your help

cheers, john

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
SOHC, The 3.2 both styles and the 2.8, 3.1, and 3.4 conversion have nothing in common. 3.2 is an Isuzu motor. The others are variations on the GM 2.8 v6. They don't even share a common bellhousing bolt pattern. Not jumping your stuff but in the last couple of days I've seen you post like they are the same engine family so I thought I'd clarify.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts