Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1990 2.8 5 speed XS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just purchased a non-running 1990 Trooper with a 2.8 backed by the 5 speed manual. The vehicle is non-running due to a leaking fuel pump. I have ordered a fuel pump, but need to know the size and thread pitch, and ideally length of the screws. I plan to put the fuel pump in, and drive the Trooper home, so I do not currently have access to the old screws yet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
If the screws don't break when you remove the fuel pump, there's no need to replace them. Or all they all busted?

p.s. Welcome to the Planet! The site's software and appearance have just been upgraded, so you'll have to bear with us for a bit.

·
Registered
1990 2.8 5 speed XS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The screws are all rusted. The current owner ended up getting the old screws out, and found some in the correct pitch at a hardware store.

Thanks for the welcome! I got my Trooper home yesterday. Be on the lookout for a post on it!

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Congrats on gettin' 'er home safely. Do post a few pics when you make your new thread. Cheers........ed

·
Registered
1990 2.8 5 speed XS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just figured I’d ad this in, in case anyone needs the info. The thread size and pitch is M5-0.8

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Thanks for the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts