Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Ive not long bought myself a '90 Jackaroo (Trooper) 2.6L 5sp. I have not as yet gotten a Road Worthy check done on it and want to way up my options with the LPG Tank.

Since I need to get the tank checked and stamped for a Road Worthy Certificate, I was contemplating just removing the system all together and just running petrol again. The 3 reasons for this are; 1 - Removing it will free up a s#!t load of room for all the camping gear, 2 - I need access to a Child seat anchor point and at this stage the tank is covering that/those and Im unsure if I can get another put in legally (Australia) and 3 - I wont have to fork out for the re-stamp.

Now I would really love to keep the lpg for cheaper travelling and also I can go further without re-fueling, but with those 3 reasons above, I am considering just removing it. I guess at the end of this rant, my question is as the title states, what does a '90 Jackaroo 2.6L get from a tank, roughly? Miles per Gallon numbers are fine, as I know most of the people on here are from the states, Ill just convert the figures.

Thanks for taking the time to read my dribble and any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers
Grant

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Welcome to the forum Grant. If the 2.6L is aspirated the same and emission controlled the same as they are here (U.S.), you can expect 19-22 mpg. That would be with stock tires, "perfect sensors", tuneup, probably non-ethanol petrol. The U.S. government gives a combined 15mpg for the 2.6L 4-speed automatic. I got 17mpg with 31" tires and in all likelihood, very tired sensors. In contrast, my weber carburetor (removed f/i system) gets a steady 21+ mpg.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
For all city driving, I get about 16mpg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts