Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
Wow!

Are you sure that you can't bring it back? I know for a while that if you were stationed overseas with the military, that they would ship one vehicle one direction at the beginning/end of the deployment. That time period might be long since over, as the person I knew who did that did it 15 years ago.

-Tad

·
Registered
256 Posts
I know for a while that if you were stationed overseas with the military, that they would ship one vehicle one direction at the beginning/end of the deployment.
When I went to Japan in '93 (Navy) and returned in 2000 it was the same policy. I don't believe anything has changed. The problem is getting it "road-legal" once it gets here...

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I found this page http://www.cobleintl.com/importing-cars.htm

But I was bummed about the new rule
The ICI will be responsible for assuring that your car complies with all U.S. emission requirements. (As of July 1, 1998, EPA no longer has the one-time exemption for vehicles five or more model-years old.) Be aware that EPA will deny entry to certain makers, models, and model year if an ICI is not certified or is unwilling to accept responsibility for the vehicle(s) in question.
I remembered part of it, but didn't know about the change of (As of July 1, 1998, EPA no longer has the one-time exemption for vehicles five or more model-years old.)

Real sad to hear you may not be able to bring it back :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
They sold those over here as a "Jackaroo" which unfortunately are no longer sold here as of last year. I have a 2.8 T/D in mine (see avatar).... good torque..... no rocket engine, but are just about the most reliable things on the road 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts