Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that don't know,Nissan sold a very limited(said to be less than 500) of the 2 door Pathfindersin 1990.1989 was officially the end of the run and 1990 started the 4 door versions.This one benefits from the MPFI v6 and a 5 speed.
Full power options and a sunroof.
This is my summer project...and my sosn..he doesn't know it yet..lol
As you can see,the young boy who owned had a lot of fun saturday and on his way home,she sputtered and now will not crank up.He didn't hydro-lock it,but i think he killed the alternator and then drained the battery.He just said to hell with it and listed it for sale.
It is lifted 3 inches on 35's..which are to big.I will drop it down to 33's.
no carpet unless you count the mud as carpet.It is filth from the front seats forward but it is all there.
Lots of things to be replaced but seems like a fun project for me to lose some weight this summer.
I love rare and unusual toys. :wink:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
88BamaTrooper said:
For those that don't know,Nissan sold a very limited(said to be less than 500) of the 2 door Pathfinders.1989 was officially the end of the run and 1990 started the 4 door versions.This one benefits from the MPFI v6 and a 5 speed.
Full power options and a sunroof.
This is my summer project...and my sosn..he doesn't know it yet..lol
As you can see,the young boy who owned had a lot of fun saturday and on his way home,she sputtered and now will not crank up.He didn't hydro-lock it,but i think he killed the alternator and then drained the battery.He just said to hell with it and listed it for sale.
It is lifted 3 inches on 35's..which are to big.I will drop it down to 33's.
no carpet unless you count the mud as carpet.It is filth from the front seats forward but it is all there.
Lots of things to be replaced but seems like a fun project for me to lose some weight this summer.
I love rare and unusual toys. :wink:
looking nice 8)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
i love 2 door pathy's

never enough money or time for me :roll:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
88BamaTrooper said:
95Rodeo4x4 said:
i love 2 door pathy's

It was $500 :wink:
so was my rodeo. all the Pathfinders around here rust buckets. same for most Jap vehicles from the 80's-90's.

pisses me off because i love import trucks. Toyota, Nissan, Isuzu, Mitsu.. even Mazda.

But they all rust out :x

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
95Rodeo4x4 said:
88BamaTrooper said:
95Rodeo4x4 said:
i love 2 door pathy's

It was $500 :wink:
so was my rodeo. all the Pathfinders around here rust buckets. same for most Jap vehicles from the 80's-90's.

pisses me off because i love import trucks. Toyota, Nissan, Isuzu, Mitsu.. even Mazda.

But they all rust out :x
Move south.Frames are nice and strong

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
how long are you going to keep this one :) The last 2dr you had was gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RamAirZ said:
how long are you going to keep this one :) The last 2dr you had was gorgeous!
it was nice.
how long? hmmmm,i will race u with your truck to see who yields first.lol
and I was over in Bainbridge GA today to buya 88 and when i got back from test drive,it was smokigng from oil leak then the starter went out
hahaha
kinda pissed,i wasted 6 hours,70 in gas and the damn thing was black.I wanted a black one.. :twisted:

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
which truck, if it's the sierra I'm gonna win that one, if it's the Passport, who knows

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
88BamaTrooper said:
For those that don't know,Nissan sold a very limited(said to be less than 500) of the 2 door Pathfinders.1989 was officially the end of the run and 1990 started the 4 door versions.This one benefits from the MPFI v6 and a 5 speed.
I gotta believe they sold a lot more of them than that, I had had an 88 and definitely saw others around town at the time.

At any rate, my 88 was a great truck for me, put 162k miles on it with very few problems. Mine had the throttle body injection and an automatic. But it worked well, started even at -30F.

Look for rust under the rear seats, that is the first place it shows up for some reason.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BigSwede said:
88BamaTrooper said:
I gotta believe they sold a lot more of them than that, I had had an 88 and definitely saw others around town at the time.

At any rate, my 88 was a great truck for me, put 162k miles on it with very few problems. Mine had the throttle body injection and an automatic. But it worked well, started even at -30F.

Look for rust under the rear seats, that is the first place it shows up for some reason.
I meant to say the 90 year model is rare...not the 2 doors from 87-89
I editied it corrctly now..lol

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I miss my pathy. Good good trucks.

Agreed. 35"s are way too big for that engine. Wouldn't be surprised if it ticks now because of them.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
stusvend said:
I miss my pathy. Good good trucks.

Agreed. 35"s are way too big for that engine. Wouldn't be surprised if it ticks now because of them.
I will not know until I get it home and see why it stopped running.Father of his friend where the vehicle is at now thinks the alternator drowned which caused the battery to go dead then they killed the wet starter trying to jump it off.
That would be easy fix.worst case,timing belt broke.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Nice find Vince.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
That thing is rough. It'll look alot better once you get it cleaned up.

Please do something with those bumpers. The rear bumper raises up with no problems, the front you'll have to get creative.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
black98Rodeo said:
That thing is rough. It'll look alot better once you get it cleaned up.

Please do something with those bumpers. The rear bumper raises up with no problems, the front you'll have to get creative.
yeah...whoever lifted it i guess decided not to use the brackets to fix the bumpers..esp the front.
freakin idiots.
:lol:
rough???
oh damn,you should see the inside.makes the outside look like a jewel.
one run to pullapart will fix all its problems.
i hope

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Haha, I can tell the previous owner didn't care. You'll get her right though. :wink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.