Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

been having issues after swapping the motor in my 2wd pickup. it will only go into park and the rest of the gears are neutral. checked fluid level, adjusted and cleaned neutral safety switch. linkage hits all 5 gear spots. all wiring seems good and connected well.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
11,782 Posts
Was the Torque Converter removed from the transmission during the engine swap?

·
Registered
11,782 Posts
The symptom suggests the Torque Converter is not mated with the transmission hydraulic oil pump.
Was the Torque Converter bolted to the flex plate when you installed the engine?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it was bolted to the flex plate. How would this be corrected? Pulling the engine and trans apart and re aligning?

·
Registered
11,782 Posts
Did you try to line up the slots in the Torque Converter hub with the oil pump lugs when you installed the engine?

·
Registered
11,782 Posts
Did the transmission work properly before the engine was replaced?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought it with the motor blown. The previous wonder says it was working really well and had records of doing flushes every few years

·
Registered
11,782 Posts
I was thinking the problem started when you reinstalled the engine, but since that is not the case I am not so sure what to do next. Do you have an Aisin AW30-43LE transmission in your truck?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes it is that aisin model. Is it still possible that the installation was messed up as I do remember it making some loud clicking after it got past the alignment dowel. If not would we assume the hydraulic clutches are toast since it doesn’t move in reverse or low which don’t use them?

·
Registered
11,782 Posts
On the RH rear of the transmission case by the ID tag there is a hydraulic pressure test port plug. You could attach a suitable gauge and see if there is any hydraulic pressure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts