Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So....

Did a detailed search here, printed out several relevant posts, and the pdf file in the Hall of Fame regarding range/mode sensors. This after reading enough that I believe that is likely my beast's problem.

Picked up the relevant supplies, rolled her up on the blocks, and crawled underneath to do the job. BUT, when under, I simply cannot locate the noted sensor anywhere near where it should be?? Used a flashlight to peer everywhere I could, and saw nothing that came close? :?

What I see on the driver's side is the bell housing, tranny fluid pan, and the exhaust running right tight to the latter full length. Can't really see the entire area above the exhaust, but most of it, and nada??

So...
- Do you have to remove the exhaust to find this sensor??
- Are '88's equipeed in this fashion, or???

Need a little help/advice here! Dunno what to think, either I'm blind, or don't know what I'm looking for! And the tranny surges are driving me up the wall!! :cry:

Anyone :?:

Wondering...
Nog

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nog, I could be wrong, but the range sensor that is described in the other posts are for the 4L30E transmission used on 92 and newer Troopers and Rodeos. I think that years previous to this use a different transmission and thus the range sensor (if so equipped) would be in a different location if it is an electronicaly controlled transmission. If it is the old vacuum run transmission it will not have a range sensor, it is controlled by a cable more than likely. I could be wrong on this too, I do not know much about the older Troopers or thier transmissions. Ok, I am done rambleing, I hope this can be of some use, or I could just be full of it and not know what the heck I am talking about (I'm bettin' on the latter). :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts