Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Trooper II LS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased this at a very low price. 141,000 miles, 8.5 interior, 7.5 exterior. I have it running great except for the tranny (Auto) will not shift on it's own.. Manually it goes through the gears fine. I'm assuming a shift solenoid??
You Guru's taught me a lot before my purchase! )Lurking here) Hopefully you will have sound advice!
Tire Vehicle Window Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
868 Posts
Ooh, I take it that its a 2.6L motor with the Aisin Warner AW30-80LE (a.k.a. the A340H)?

·
Registered
1988 Trooper II LS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ooh, I take it that its a 2.6L motor with the Aisin Warner AW30-80LE (a.k.a. the A340H)?
I'm assuming you're correct! No paperwork but title to verify. I think the engine has ITEC on it somewhere and this is
Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Trunk Vehicle

the shifter. 3 speed with an overdrive button.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yup thats the 2.6 with the auto! Very rare and dependable trans (note my signature lol). If only Isuzu stuck with Aisin Warner for the autos in the US market instead of GM... what could have been. PM me your email and I can send you the AW30-80LE troubleshooting manual.

·
Registered
1988 Trooper II LS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup thats the 2.6 with the auto! Very rare and dependable trans (note my signature lol). If only Isuzu stuck with Aisin Warner for the autos in the US market instead of GM... what could have been. PM me your email and I can send you the AW30-80LE troubleshooting manual.
This one? 1154 pages in PDF format!
Font Gas Publication Rectangle Circle

·
Registered
868 Posts
This one is specific to the trans and goes much more in depth. I'm surprised it uploaded

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
Is this available for downloading? I have a 1989, and this would sure be a lot more helpful that the nothing I currently have.
I tried to upload it on here and it wouldn't let me. But I think it will send via email.

·
Registered
868 Posts
No, all I get is an attachment of the front page cover image. My email is [email protected]
I sure would appreciate you sending it to me. I been pretty successful with most electrical issues, but schematics sure would speed things along.
I sent it

Reactions: mrmuse1155
1 - 15 of 15 Posts