Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1988 Isuzu Trooper II for sale in Central Ohio

It is worth a bit over $500 at the local car crusher at today's prices. I will take it there early next week (Monday or Tuesday) if I don't get any responses here.

It pains me to do this, but I am a realist and this needs to go!

I'd like to do a bit better than this price so as to cover my initial investment and the time to deal with it this way. I realize I will not be able to recover my original investment, but at this point, but my loss is your gain

Available as a whole or will part out

The vehicle color is CREAM, the pics make it look white.
The paint is original and is in super good shape, especially considering it is 24 years old!

More High Definition pics are here:http://www.lots-in-life.com/isuzo-pics/88-trooper-cream.htm

The good:
very very clean, rust free
Immaculate underside, zero rust
rust free, all suspension rubber replaced by previous owner during rebuild
You will not find many like this in this kind of shape
Super nice rims and tires
There are (4) P265/70R16 BF Goodrich Radial All-Terian T/A, plus a spare of different brand
Aluminum wheels. (5) rims including the spare
It has been garaged most of its life, certainly since I had it!

The bad:
Blown engine, I believe the previous owner thinks it threw a rod just after he rebuilt it
One small area of original paint peal on left front fender, see pics

I have another rebuild-able engine is available with this car for separate purchase. It is worth about $100 in scrap prices at local car crusher
I will post pics of this additional motor on Sunday

I also have another 1988 Trooper II available with running motor, again for separate purchase. It is worth $500 in scrap prices at local car crusher

The vehicle is located in Central Ohio, I have the means to deliver it within a 100 mile radius, if more than that, then you are on your own

I will post pictures later today and add more details

Please, save this gem from the local car crusher!

I have 2 other Isuzo's that are also slated for the car crusher next week
Please let me know ASAP if you want anything off ot them. I will give you are fair price to cover my labor and of course you cover the shipping

Again, here are the pictures of this vehicle and (2) others I will be takig to the car crushers:
Pics of this vehicle (same as referenced above):
http://www.lots-in-life.com/isuzo-pics/88-trooper-cream.htm

88 Trooper II, red, good engine, rough frame, fair body
This 88 Trooper II has the running engine in it (as mentioned above)
http://www.lots-in-life.com/isuzo-pics/88-trooper-red.htm

97 Isuzu Rodeo, runs good, brakes and power stearing went out, rough frame, good body
I am not sure, but I don't think this engine from this vehicle will go into the Trooper that is in this add
http://www.lots-in-life.com/isuzo-pics/97-rodeo.htm 97 Isuzu Rodeo, runs good, brakes and power stearing went out

I will take pics of spare engine and parts tomorrow (Sunday)
I will also submit seperate adds here in Planet Isuzoo for the other 2 vehicles tomorrow (Sunday)

PM me here in this forum or email me at [email protected]

Thanks for looking and your patience while I am getting the pictures up and adds written

88 Trooper Man

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
May be interested. Can you get some good int and ext shots.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
pics pics pics!

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Hmm. Where you located in central ohio?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I edited the original post to include a few more details and pics\

Apparently when one edits an original post here in this forum, it takes a while to show up because it must go through the approval process again

Note the color is CREAM, not white. The pictures do not show this color very well for some reason

I will try and get a picture today in the bright sun that shows the color better

Tehy are all going to the car crusher early next week if I don't get any takers

let me know if you are interested in all or part of any vehicle

thanks

88 Trooper Man

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
PM Sent.

·
Registered
523 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had a fair amount of inquires via PM, no takers for the whole vehicle yet, but I am hoping it will go this way, else I will try and help everyone out with there requests for parts.

Many PM's about the tires and rims.

I will sell the 5 snowflake rims with tires = $350 firm, exchange with your tires/rims

i measured the tread as the result of one inquiry, it is about 8/32 at the very center of the tread pattern, a bit more towards the sidewalls,. I measured all 4 of the ones on the vehicle, they are pretty much the same

Clarification:
(4) main tires on vehicle are BF Goodrich Radial All-Terrain T/A (as stated in main add)
But size was incorrectly stated as P265/70R16
The correct size for the (4) main tires is LT265/75R16 see the additional pics I added below to the thread

The spare tire is actually a Goodyear Wrangler RT/S, size is P265/70R16, and is pictured on the link to the additional pics

I had taken the size info off the spare, which was easy to do and assumed all 5 were the same, they were not

sorry for any confussion

Let me know if you all want anything, I am going to start loading the cars up for the car crusher first thing in the morning, I will do this nicer 88 Trooper II last, but if I don't get any more requests by then, she is gone

If you PM'd me with requests, I have replied and should be able to help you out unless I sell the whole vehicle

Thanks

88 Trooper Man

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, OK,

Thanks to all who wrote me and suggested I part this jewel out, or at least give it another while

After looking at her, I just can't do it, not without at least pulling some parts

Today I am stripping the many good parts off the red one. The body and frame is rough on that one, so it is a no brainer, pull stuff and off to the car crusher. To bad nobody wants a motor, the one in the red one runs (or shall I say ran last summer, see note below)

I will not yet strip the nice cream colored one in case I get some interest in selling it whole. The weather is going to tunr cold so it will probably be another week till I get to the cream one

I had a lot of encouragement from several of you suggesting I pull things like the center console, glove comparment hinge, headlights (Apparently the headlights go for as much as $40 in good shape, which they are)

Anywho, on the red one I have pulled the door latech frames, center console, electronic brain, interior grap handles, glove box frame, beuty rims, rear windshield washer bag, roof top carier (the cross parts as well as the ones screwed to the roof).

I plan to finish pulling the headlights, all 4 turn signal lenses and light, washer pump, hoses for air cleaner as well as air cleaner with the mass flow sesnor, The radiator is also good in this one as I have driven it as recent as last summer when it quit due to a rusty gas tank, Speaking of which is there any inters in the gas tank? Last summer I removed it and paid about $100 to have it professionally red-coated, and it is ready to go. It can be shipped since there is no hint of fuel in it. I also am going to pull the shifter boots and knobs, just have not gotten to that yet. This parting out is a lot of work!

So, if anybody needs something off the red one, like a wiring harness, or some small part I might otherwise leave, let me know! It's getting dark now and I will continue to strip her in the morning, at that point the trailer awaits her!

Eventlually I will make a list of what I pulled and what I want for the parts, for now, feel free to make me offers, I will hold your place in line

thanks

88 Trooper Man

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
driver door hinge, if it DOESNT pop when you open it or door droop...save it!!!!!!!!!

if the red one had cruise control or intermittent wipers...grab the stalk too!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I pulled a lot of stuff off the red one

It hurts me to crush even this one!

lowzone - thanks for the pointer on the drivers door hinge, it is GOOD!

In fact, the entire drivers side door is rust free on the red one The hood is rust free. I really hate to crush even these parts on the red one. The right front door is what I would term very usable, with only a slight sign of rust on the very bottom, though the hinge on that one does pop. The rear doors I don't know, will look in the morning The rear doors are a bit more rusted on the bottom, but still not that bad

Do you guys think there is enough of a calling to pull the doors and the hood? I will take some pics of the red one's doors and hood in the morning. My gut feel is that if someone is looking for a clean one these would fit the bill. The red paint is somewhat oxidized, but very uniformly and I believe it may even rub out. This red one was my driver till the gas tank rusted up inside

Pulled the visors and dome lights, rear view mirror too

as fir cruise or intermitant wipers I will have to check them both. The 97 Rodeo for certain has cruise and it works, it too was a driver till about a month ago when the brake lines and power stearing lines went out at the same time. Are the pasts for cruise and intermitant wipers on the 97 Rodeo worth messing with, either for other Rodeo's or possibly would they work on Troppers?

Going to pull the seat belts and ratchets on the red one tomorrow too

thoughts?

thanks,

88 Trooper Man

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
ok, here in NJ we get .095/lb for scrap steel/iron. the hood is 25 lbs, door is maybe 20. at that rate thats UNDER 5.00 for both pieces, plus time to pull the glass (we have to in NJ at least) and weather stripping....you can get 50 for either part IF (thats the issue) you find the right person. IF you have room, store them. if no one bites in 3 months, let it go with the next vehicle THEN...but give it a shot on Craigslist too. even if you got 25 each...thats 10 times what you'd get for scrap. the cruise on the Rodeo is a dime a dozen....very common accessory. its the troopers 87-91 that it was a rarity in. Bumper ends are also kinda a PIA to find too....also the rodeo rear bumper ends. like 60-70 for the black ones on ebay new...easy 20/each IF not busted up. P/Window switch on the Rodeo, test it, up and down on all 4 windows and p/lock button...they are circuit boards and cant be rebuilt like the 91-95 style...figure 30 for the switch in 100% working order.
the buckets in the rodeo, if not crushed down or torn are worth about 100/set because they DIRECTLY fit in 88-95 Pickups, which only a limited model had buckets. They also fit Amigos and most 91-97 Rodeos as well since they all share a simular floor pan. head rests go for about 5-10 each on ebay, because people lose them when they fold down the rear seat or they block their view out the back...

look at the small stuff, IF you have the time, its worth it. its not much weight difference and will keep more vehicles on the road, cheaply while putting MORE money in your pocket then if it went to scrap. like the switch, 1 lb.....$30 or .10 ??? for 15 minutes time, maybe 1/2 hour....not a bad gig. i do it all day with the pickups and amigos here in NJ. sometimes when i get a Rodeo cheap enough, ill part that too. give us a shot, give the Cream colored Trooper a chance. better that way then exporting the scrap metal to China.....
thanks for listening to us
Ron

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
Anyone notice the Pirate4x4 sticker on the back????? this has to be a former members truck or one over there obviously....i noticed the big mirror upgrade on the cream trooper then saw the sticker on the back bumper!!!!! snowflakes.....she was loved!! save the cream Trooper!!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
lowzone said:
Anyone notice the Pirate4x4 sticker on the back????? this has to be a former members truck or one over there obviously....i noticed the big mirror upgrade on the cream trooper then saw the sticker on the back bumper!!!!! snowflakes.....she was loved!! save the cream Trooper!!
You're right Ron. That thing is a sweety and just needs a rebuilt motor. Then she'll be some ones proud Trooper.

Some one please step up and buy this thing - shes got miles to go before she's through.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mark B, towzone, all

I do believe the former owner of the cream one was a member here, if not here and other places? I will not mention his real name for obvious privacy reasons, and I don't know his handle in the forums. He was meticulous, and paid a lot of attention to details and got them right. This truck is a real cream puff, pun intended
In short I re-contacted him and he too is encouraging me to be patient so this baby does not go to the crushers

He did all the work on this gem, and he was planning on keeping it, unfortunately I believe the motor blew about 5K after he rebuilt it, I think he told me more details, but I can not remember them

My plan was to take the running motor out of the red one and make this one whole again.

It has been over two years, I stored the cream one in the garage all that time, but now it is time to move on, I am not getting to it, and I could use the bucks. I am trying to put it into the hands of someone who appreciates the truck she is

I was hoping someone would want her, and possibly even the motor out of the red one, but so far no takers

I am going to proceed with pulling small parts off the red one, then move onto pulling stuff off the Rodeo (thanks for the tips lowzone). My gut feel is I should haul off the Rodeo first, and give even the red one a bit more time

I do have the room to store doors, hoods, etc, they would stack nicely in the upper level of my pole barn. But to what end? Kind of hard to ship, I probably would have to build a crate? Any ideas here guys? IF I save the doors, hoods, etc, how can I ship them, say if I get a buyer out of the area?

It is almost dawn here, will get back to stripping the red one soon!

Thanks

88 Trooper Man

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I believe I have her sold as a while vehicle to a very nice home, pending funds of course.

Thanks to all who encouraged me not to have her crushed, it would have been a real shame

I will keep this thread alive untill that happens

i will probably start 2 seperate threads for the parts off the red 88 Trooper II and the 97 Rodeo

To those who requested parts, I can accomidate many of the requests with parts off the red one, except the ones that wanted the brown interior parts. I will PM those who PM'd me with what I have to offer off the red one, but it will be after this deal is complete. So give me a week or so for it all to finalize before i get back to you all on the parts. In the mean time I have pulled more stuff off the red one. If anyone wants anything off the red one, let me know ASAP, because after I pull a few parts again tomorrow, it will be off to the scrap yard for the red one!

The good news is the fate of this cream puff is now known!

Thanks

88 Trooper Man

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As mentioned above, this cream colored 1988 Trooper has been spoken for.
I will close this thread when payment has been recieved and the transaction is complete

However, I am actively parting out the other 2 vehicles mentioned in this add, here are links to the new threads that I started to part them out:

1988 Trooper II - parting out http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59689

1997 Rodeo - parting out http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59690

To all those who asked for parts off the cream one, I will try and take care of you with the parts from the red one, I will honor requests in the order they were received. Give me a few more days to get organized, my parts pulling has been dampened by a winter snow!

thanks,

88 Trooper Man

·
Registered
346 Posts
How about the heater core from either one of the first gen troopers? I could use another one for spare.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts